Chapter 17

Damon's POV

The apartment doorbell rings waking me up. It's so fucking early in the morning that my eyes are still closed as my shoulders slump when I walk to the door, rubbing my eyes to open.

Mia stands in the door way with a little purse in her hand swinging it back and forth as she sips from her hot drink. She cheerfully squeals and kisses my cheek while welcoming herself inside as I watch her.

"Ugh what is that awful smell?" She scrunches her tiny nose.

I close the door and chuckle a little. I take a whiff and she's right, it smells like dirty socks and weed.

She looks over at my gym bag and sets her purse and drink down on the counter top. She grabs a laundry basket and pours all of my gym gear in it, including the whole bag itself.

I go to the bathroom and piss in the toilet as I listen to her ramble off how bad the apartment looks right now and confused she is of how we can sleep in here. I mean its not that bad...I look around and cringe.

"Damon you need to clean up around here, It's disgusting."

I don't remember the last time we actually cleaned the apartment. Maybe since Austin's father visiting?

I splash water on my face and dry myself.

Mia takes her coat off and drapes it over the coat hanger. She makes her way to the kitchen and washes her hands and opens the fridge looking for something to eat.

I sit down on the stool admiring her. How does she have the fucking energy at this time?

Mia turns on the blender, making smoothie.

Austin walks into the kitchen spotting Mia and I as he reaches under his shorts scratching his front. 

Mia makes a look as I snort out a laugh at her reaction.

"I slept like fucking shit last night," he mutters.

I watch Mia pour the smoothie in two separate bowls and cut bananas into it with some other fruits.

"After yesterday I feel so paranoid. Like he's gonna fucking break that door open or some shit," he continues.

Mia observes the both of us with concern.

"But he didn't," I say. I have a feeling he could've. The guy is a fucking split person with emotional problems, I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

I can tell Mia wants to ask what's going on but she keeps it to herself as she hands me one of the bowl, placing a spoon in it. I thank her and eat the fruits first and chug down the bowl of smoothie second.

Mia gives the other bowl to Austin who nearly eats the bowl itself.

"Have you guys heard about Xavier yet?" Mia asks as she looks through the cabinets, with her back facing us, tippy toeing.

Austin glances at me.

I don't know if I want to tell her how things went with Xavier yesterday. I don't want to scare nor worry her. I don't need her to feel like that around me anymore. It makes me feel like shit.

She turns around and makes coffee for herself and looks up at me, waiting.

Austin fixes his throat "Thanks for the breakfast Mia," he gets up and puts his bowl in the sink, leaving Mia and I alone. Great.

"Is something wrong?" She asks.

I only shake my head and observe the empty bowl.

Mia comes around the counter and sits next to me, facing me as I face the counter. Her hands brush my hair and down to my bare arm.

I feel like I should just fucking tell her but it's like something is stuck in my throat.

"Is something on your mind?" she says reaching for my hand and putting it on her lap.

I don't even look at her. I cant. I cant tell her we pissed off Xavier and that he might come after Mia and myself. It's too much. Not this again. I can tell Xavier wasn't bluffing about it either which scares me a little knowing he knows that Mia reflects on me a lot. And that if he can hurt her, it will just hurt me in return. thats the biggest threat to me and he already knows it.

I huff and pull my hand away from hers, not meaning to.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Her voice too small to hear.

"There's nothing to talk about—it's nothing—there is nothing," I raise my voice at her from frustration. I know I'm overreacting and overthinking this too much. Only because I don't want this situation coming near Mia. I don't want her to be stressed about this and put this on her mind like I am doing. I want her to have fucking fun here, just for once.

"I want you to know I'm here for you," she slowly says.

I don't want her to be.

I grab her hand and kiss the back of it and place it in my lap this time. She grabs onto me and holds me into a hug.