Chapter 31

4 Years Ago - Damon's POV

My legs take longs drags of steps while my feet flies over the cement of the familiar street. Keeping my breathing steady, I try and push harder which only makes my calves start to burn. I don't stop sprinting no matter what, as adrenaline courses through my veins.

I tell myself not to look behind me but I do and as I do, I find the town police officer: Meyers, running towards me just a couple of feet's behind.

"Stop that boy!" He shouts. He then pauses catching his breath, exasperated by the heat as his hand is resting on his stubby legs. "I won't let you get away again, you hear me!"

I turn into one of the alleys and find Jax waiting for me around the dumpster. A thin layer of sweat covers my chest as well as the back of my neck.

"Took you long enough." Jax throws his cigarette onto the floor.

"Don't act like I didn't hear you whine about me taking your job instead, to Chaz." I scowl.

"Meyers knows me, he knows who I am."

"Its a small town, he knows all of us. One day he'll know me.." I start to take off my clothes and switch it with the clothes Jax brought me in a garbage bag.

"Yeah, yeah-Now Give it kid." Jax pulls out his hand.

"Not until I get my ten bucks."

He rolls his eyes and shoves his hand deep into his pocket and holds it out for me to reach it. I quickly take it and shove it down my pocket.

I then reach for the half pound weed in a bag that's placed inside my pants and hand it to him. He observes it in his hands and smiles, smelling it, cherishing it. I scowl at him, knowing that shit was inside my pants, but I get it, weed is fucking great.

"You better get to school, you're late."

My brows furrow as I pull out my phone and check the time. I'm a half an hour late. "Shit." I say through my teeth. Not again.

I'm out of breath as I open the school doors. Two teachers walk by making me walk the other way from them, or else they'll start asking me fucking questions. I can't lie for shit.

I make my way to English class as Steve eyes me making my way in the back. "Damon, you're late again."

I turn to look at him, nothing leaving my mouth. His voice fucking drains me.

"Care to explain to the class why you are late?" Steve glares at me. The whole class glances over at me, including Blake, snickering in the back seats.

"Ever heard of a bathroom break, Steve?"

He lifts up his glasses with a finger and scowls at me. "For half of the class, I don't think so. And it's Mr Wright, Damon, Mr Wright—I'll see you in detention after school."

I make my way to my seat and huff, slumping deep into my chair.

"Bathroom break? You fucking suck at lying." Blake chuckles, whispering. "Where were you?"

"Taking a shit."

He shakes his head. "Your not selling, are you?"

I shrug.

"What a joke." He mutters the words.

"Hm?" I look at him. Wanting to see if he'll repeat it.

He raises his brows, "nothing."

I pull out my lighter, playing with it. I'm fucking bored. Fire flames out of the lighter as I wave it back and forth, focused onto it...until the flame blows off in thin air. But I look above me.