Chapter 36

Mia's POV

As I'm ready to leave my last period of the day, knowing it's Friday, everyone is rushing to leave. I shove my books into my bag aggressively as I look around to make sure I'm not the last one to leave. Like it's a competition of some sort. I've been feeling a little off edge with everything that been happening and I'm even more anxious because im almost the last person in the class trying to shove everything at once.

I drop my pencil onto the floor under my seat. I let out a frustrating sigh. "What's wrong with me?" I bend over to grab the pencil and suddenly feel the back of my skirt lift up. I let out a gasp and quickly turn around to see who it is.

I shove at Damon who is smirking from the flushed look on my face. I grab my bag and pass by Damon. "You showed up this time." I don't face him, instead I continue to walk out. I want him to follow me.

"I didn't mean to scare you. I couldn't help myself." He jokes. I can tell he's staring me up and down by now.

I roll my eyes. And can feel him tower over me as he follows. I want to smile but then he surprises me as he grabs onto my arm to face him. I look down at his grip and back up to his face. He slowly let's go of me.

"Is something wrong?" He questions.

"Why? Is there something wrong?" I test him. He tries to read me as his eyes travel my whole face.

He creeps a smile.

"Stop smiling." My cheeks warm up.

"If this is about the project with-"

"It's not-"

"If.." he cuts me off. I remain quiet. "I'm not doing it with her anymore."

Im speechless. I let my emotions get in the way, I know better than getting jealous. I have to admit, I was jealous. It was weird knowing I wasn't the last girl he spent time with that night. I sound crazy.

"Why? I thought-"

"There's no need to worry about it. It's done with." He quickly grabs my hand. But I can't stop worrying about it. I feel guilty.

We both walk out and stumble into Emma.

"Mia, hi!" She puts on a fake cheery smile.

Damon clenches my hand tighter, I look up at him but he avoids my gaze.

"Emma." I try to put on a smile. It's just hard to be nice when your looking directly at her.

"Did you forget silly? We're getting ready at my house."

"I don't think I'm going." I answer firmly.

"Damon tell her! She needs to get out there and have some fun!"

He looks at Emma and back at me. I can tell he doesn't want to be in this conversation. He looks lost. I want to laugh a little from his expression.

"You can't just keep her locked up and away." She exaggerates.

"Mia-" Damon begins but Emma cuts him off.

"Too slow!" She grabs my arms and pulls it away from Damon. She drags me away from Damon and I look back at him as he watches me carefully.

Damon's POV

I fall onto the couch and dig my hand into the opened chip bag left from last night that's on the floor. I shove more chips into my mouth and lick around my lips.

I'm about to pass out onto the couch until I start to hear grunts coming from Austin's room. I now hear moans...screams. I bang my fist against the wall a couple of times to let them know I'm here. But accidentally make a hole into the wall. I look at my fist and back at the hole. "What the fuck." I say under my breath.