Chapter 24

Damon's POV

I wake up in the middle of night and can't seem to sleep. I'm starting to remember pieces of my childhood and getting fucking dreams—nightmares of it. The thing I want to forget most is my past. I don't need that shit on my mind. As I sit on the edge of the bed, my head starts to pound chaotically.

Mia's arm snakes around my shoulders. Her voice tiny, "Are you not tired?" She kisses my neck.

"No,"

"Do you want to talk?" She asks. I look at her and she puts on a smile. That smile, so pure.

"No," I respond to her question not taking my eyes off of her pretty lips. I lean into her and kiss her. Mia's eyes close as she holds the sides of my face and pulls me closer. Her back falls as I hover over her and spread her legs apart. I trail down to her neck, kiss and suck it, she moans under me with her parted lips and fluttering eyes.

Images of Kyle and Mia come into my fucking mind randomly even though i try my hardest to put the image away. I try to forget it. It'll never happen again, I try to convince myself. Images of her crying as Kyle smirks and kisses her keep haunting me. My hands grip onto Mia's arm, tighter, tighter and tighter. She gasps and wimpers. I try to push the imagine away, instead I push Mia away from me and get up off the bed. Im harshly breathing, my hair is a mess and my hands are hanging weakly at my sides. It's like I can't fucking breathe anymore.

She looks at her arm which have my hand marks around them. Her face is flushed and she looks startled, just staring at me. She curls her knees up and fixes her bra strap and tries to hide her bruised arm from me.

I look away from her, " I'm sorry." My words come out more of a mutter in thin air. I quickly walk out of the room leaving her breathless. I need to get away from her.

Mia's POV

I wake up in Damon's bed sheets. I turn the other way and don't find him next to me like I always do. I'm usually the one to wake up before him and not seeing him next to when I wake up doesn't feel right.

I sit on the edge of the bed and flatten my night gown with my hands. I witness the bruise that is forming on my arm and swallow. I'm sure he didn't mean to, i tell myself. I need something to cover it up.

I put on one of Damon's sweatshirts and make my way out of his room. When i look towards the couch I find Damon sleeping on it. His tall figure taking up the whole sofa.

I go up to him and watch him peacefully sleep. My hands caress his cheek, but he shudders and instantly wakes up, in shock.

"It's only me," I tell him. He looks at me with wide eyes. Concern takes up my appearance and I can tell he notices when he drastically gets up away from me to the bathroom, shutting it's door loud enough for me to hear.

I don't want this stupid bruise getting in the way of our relationship. He didn't mean to and I know that.

"Damon...can you talk to me," i say in front of the bathroom door. He swings the door open and looks at me with a straight face. "It was an accident—I'm okay, I really am," my words tumble out too fast.

He grabs my arm and lifts up the sleeves, looking at the bruise but I pull away from him.

His eyes blankly look past me.

"Please don't let this bother you," i tell Damon.

"How do I do that? I fucking hurt you!" He yells and punches the bathroom door, repeatedly. "Fuck!"

"Damon please, stop! Stop it!" I quickly grab a hold of his fists but he jerks away from me and turns away, so his back faces me.

"Your going to be late, you'd better get to class," his voice slow.

I cant leave like this. I cant leave knowing Damon and I are in a situation like this.

"I can't leave," my voice comes out as a whisper.

"Go..."

"Damon-"

"Go!"

I can feel the tears coming but I remain myself calm as I get ready quickly and leave not turning back. He needs time, and hopefully he'll cool off and realize that I'm really fine. I really am okay.

...

When I wait by Dias' class, each student exits the room except for Dias. I peak inside and find her but she doesn't see me, because her eyes are on...Arthur. She walks down towards his desk with attitude.

I stay standing behind the door so they don't see me.

"You wanted to have a word with me?" Dias asks crossing her arms. Arthur checks her out and puts his hands crossed on his desk.

"Did you feel good about it?" He says in his thick British accent.

"Excuse me?"

"Did it make you feel better?"

"I don't know what you're taking about?"

He chuckles, "I know you were the one who messed up my house."

"I'm not apologizing for what I did."

"I didn't ask for an apology nor am I wanting one. And Im not apologizing either. Spending time with you is something I could never apologize for because I don't regret one bit of it."

I can tell Dias is about to cry when she looks down and makes that face: that face where she can feel herself slowly crumble. I never really thought of Dias an emotional person, and seeing her this way makes me want to punch Arthur right in the face.

"You lied to me!" her voice breaks.

He stands up from his seat, "I didn't know any other way to tell you."

"You have a child and a wife, that you are still legally married to. Do you have an idea how that makes me look?"

He looks away from her.

"I'll never forgive that. So don't you ever talk to me again," she lastly says when she walks away from him, as her heels clatter to the door I'm leaning against on.

Dias spots me and vigorously wipes under her eyes. "Oh god, how long were you waiting here?"

"Long enough," I reach for her and pull her into a warm hug.

"Hungry?" I ask.

"Hungry as a pig,"