Chapter 27

Philip's POV

I decide to leave the clearing a few minutes later, but as I'm about to kick the ball the last time, a teenage boy comes over to me with a smile.

I doubt that he would be smiling at me if he knew who I am, or more like who I was.

"Hey, can I play with you?" He asks me.

"Sure." I say, and I kick the ball towards him.

He kicks it back to me, and then he runs back, so there will be a bit more distance between us.

When he stops, I kick the ball again, and we play for half an hour, without talking.

But then he realises that there are guards with me, so his eyes widen, and he looks at me.

"What have you done?" He asks me, and I just shrug, uninterested in talking about it.

"Come on, I know that there wouldn't be this many guards watching you, if you weren't dangerous." He tells me, and I roll my eyes.

"I'm a werewolf hunter, and I'm mated to the Alpha's kid." I tell him, and his eyes widen again.

"No way." He says, sounding amused.

"You should be scared." I tell him.

"I would have been, but I know that I'm stronger than you, I doubt that you have a gun with you, and there are a lot of guards standing pretty close to where we are." He tells me, and I laugh slightly.

"You're stupid." I tell him.

"I might be, but I don't really care." He says with a shrug.

We talk for a while longer, but soon one of the guards comes over to me, and the tells me that Carter told him to take me back, before Scott will come back, so I say goodbye to the boy, who's name I still don't know, and I go back towards Scott's house.

When I reach it, I decide to wait downstairs, since Scott should be here in a few minutes, and Carter is in the dining room, so I won't have to sit with him.

Scott comes inside not long later, and he smiles when he sees that I'm down the stairs.

He gives me a kiss, and we watch the TV together, until the rest of the kids come back, and they start to make noise.

Then we decide to go to the back yard, and Carter doesn't look very happy about it, but he doesn't stop us, so we just leave thought the door.

Scott tells me about his day, which was pretty much uneventful, and then I tell him about my day.

"I will have to thank papa for letting you out of the house." He tells me.

"I still don't like him." I tell him.

"We will have another kid, it's not the end of the world." Scott tells me, but I just shake my head.

"It's not the end of the world, but that doesn't mean that I can't be sad that we didn't even get to meet our first kid." I tell him, and he gives me a tight hug.