Chapter 39

Philip's POV

Scott and I lay on the bed, and we watch some movie on his phone.

Everyone is still downstairs, but we didn't want to stay with them today, so we decided to rest here for the rest of the evening, after Scott came from school.

Suddenly Scott stands up from the bed, and he looks at me with a hand stretched towards me, so I look at him questioningly.

"Let's go." He tells me.

"Where?" I ask him, since I don't really want to be around people at the moment, I was enjoying the quiet.

"We will go to the city." He tells me.

"I don't think that Carter will allow us to do it, especially now, because it will be dark in about an hour." I tell him, but he just rolls his eyes.

"I know that, that's why we will sneak out, then we will go to Eliott's house, and we will borrow his car." He tells me.

"Alright." I say, and I take his hand, before I stand up from the bed.

I wouldn't have agreed if not the fact that Scott looks very happy about going out, and I haven't been in the city in a long time, so I want to go there.

I just hope that Carter won't notice that we're gone.

Otherwise, he will be angry at me, because I'm not supposed to go outside of this house without the guards.

Scott and I have been going out without them lately, and Carter didn't say anything about it, but I doubt that he won't say anything after he will get to know that we have sneakers out of the house, and that we went to the city without telling him.

Scott opens the window, and he goes out first, I wonder how he learned to climb down, since I'm pretty sure that he didn't sneak out after he got his vision, so he had to learn it while he was blind.

When he's safely on the ground, I climb down, and then we go to Eliott's house.

We reach it quickly, and Scott knocks on the door, which open not long later.

"Hey." Eliott says.

"Hi. Can we borrow your car?" Scott asks him with a hopefully smile.

"Sure." Eliott says, and he disappears inside for a few seconds, then he comes out, and he gives Scott the car keys.

"The car is in form of the pack house." He tells Scott.

"Thanks." Scott says, and then he takes my hand, before he pulls me towards the pack house.

The walk takes a while, but we manage to reach the pack house, and we find Eliott's car, then Scott gives me the keys, since he can't drive.

So, I climb into the drivers seat, while he goes to the passenger's side, and when we're ready, I start the car, and I drive towards the pack border.

I can't even imagine how angry Carter will be at me for doing that, but I push the thoughts away, and I decide to just enjoy this moment with my mate.