Karter Greyson, You Did Not!

After eating breakfast with Karter's moms—Karter got dressed in swim attire before we headed over to my house.

As we rode in Karter's Jeep with the windows down, I couldn't help but admire her—from how her dark hair blew with the wind under her baseball cap, to her toned arms on display as she wore a Nike muscle tee and matching white swim shorts. I swear she always looked so good.

"I thought we already established that staring is weird," Karter said, glancing over to me.

I narrowed my eyes, "We only established that for whenever I do it—when you do it it's apparently okay."

Karter smirked, "Because I don't look creepy when I do it."

I laughed as she pulled into my driveway, "Yeah, okay."

Karter put the car in park, causing us to both unbuckle our seatbelts before hopping out of the tall Jeep.

My brows furrowed as we walked toward the front door, noticing the garage opening and my mom's car backing out.

When my mom rolled down her window, I was able to take in her floppy hat and large sunglasses.

"You guys better hurry up—the yacht leaves in less than an hour," My mom said, which easily made my brows furrow. She's coming too?

"Trust me, the yacht can't leave without us," Karter joked, nudging me slightly.

My mom only laughed, looking between us, "I'm so glad to see you guys are back together," she said, which oddly enough made something warm shoot through me. It really felt good to be back. She continued backing up, "See you guys there! Love you!" she called out, but suddenly braked the car for a moment, "Also, there's mail for you, ladybug!"

And with that, she was out of the driveway and driving down the suburban street.

I felt slightly curious, walking into the cold house with Karter following behind me. A part of me knew that the mail was probably from one of the colleges I applied to—I swear if it was Harvard I might pass out.

As I rushed into the kitchen and grabbed the stack of mail, Karter leaned against the counter beside me, watching me completely.

"You're nervous," she said, pointing out what I felt was obvious.

I read the schools labeled on the envelopes, "Stanford, Yale, Columbia—How can I not be nervous? This could be it," I rushed out.

Karter went to stand behind me, gently placing her hands on my shoulders before massaging them, "I'm sure it will all work out, Slo," she said calmly, but I could only feel anxious.

My entire future could quite literally be in my hands. 

My lips parted, "Oh my god," I breathed out, looking at the white envelope marked with red lettering. "Oh my god," I breathed out again, processing the fact that this was it.

Karter guided me to turn around and face her, gently grabbing my chin to divert my stare from the envelope to her dark eyes, "Breathe, babe—I'm sure you got in. You're really fucking smart."

I let out a deep breath, hoping to push the jitters away, "Yeah? You really think so?" I said, my words still rushed and my brows furrowed into a worrisome look.

Karter smiled, pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead, "I don't think so—I know so," she said, which somehow sent a weird wave of calmness through me,  feeling entirely grateful that she was here for support. This could actually be the biggest moment of my life. "Now will you open the letter?" Karter asked, nudging me slightly with excited eyes.