8) mortal

Sofia was asleep next to Derek when she woke up and turned to him, she lifted his shirt up slightly looking at his wound when Derek suddenly grabbed her hands causing Sofia to jump slightly. He opened his eyes before turning to her.

"What are you doing" Derek asked. I'm checking on my fiancée what else" Sofia said. "Hmm" Derek said.

"Why aren't you healing" Sofia asked. "Some wounds take longer" Derek said. "Derek, I know your lying" Sofia said and Derek stayed quiet. "Show me your eyes" Sofia said.

"Fia" Derek said. "Show me" Sofia said and Derek looked at her as Sofia saw his eyes weren't glowing.

"Okay come on let's get you bandaged up I should still have some when I was still human and then you can explain to me what's going on" Sofia said getting up with Derek following her.

>>>

"It's just a graze but make sure it doesn't get infected so it's everything right no glowing eyes no healing" Sofia asked.

"No hearing, speed, everything" Derek said putting his shirt back on. "No strength" Sofia asked. "I can still win a fight" Derek said and Sofia put her arm out for an arm wrestle.

"I am not going to wrestle you Fia" Derek said. "Oh, come on just go for it" Sofia said.

"Fia" Derek said. "Come on it will be fine I won't use any supernatural help" Sofia said. "Alright" Derek said and held onto her hand.

"Ready" Sofia asked. "Mm hmm" Derek said. "One, two" Sofia said and beat him.

"Hey you cheated" Derek said. "No, I had the upper hand when you're human facing off against the supernatural you need to bend the rules a little bit so I'm going to teach you" Sofia said.

>>>

"This is a big Sauer p2269mm" Sofia said showing Derek a gun. "How do you know about guns" Derek asked. "My dad used to go out of town, so I was home alone a lot, so he taught me how to shoot a gun for my own protection" Sofia said and Derek nodded.

"I don't like guns" Derek said. "Yeah, because with people like us we're constantly getting shot" Sofia said.

"I love you" Derek said and Sofia smiled. "You better" Sofia said.

"You'll like this one the legal clip size in California is ten you always want to remember how many shots you fire running out of bullets can get you killed it also makes you look stupid but using a gun isn't just about learning how to point and shoot" Sofia said.

"Why's that" Derek asked. "Because an average person can move twenty-one feet in one point five seconds if they have a knife, they can gut you before can pull and fire so with a gun you need distance, go for it pull the gun on me" Sofia said.

"What Fia" Derek said. "Just do it" Sofia said and Derek did, failing as Sofia took it. "So, yeah" Derek said. "Wanna try again" Sofia asked him.

"Mmm-hmm" Derek said, and she gave him the gun back. Derek tried again failing as Sofia took it. "One more time" Derek said getting an idea.

"Come on you and I both know I could do this all day" Sofia said.

Derek got closer to Sofia then suddenly kissed her and Sofia hadn't realized Derek had the gun pointed on her stomach. Sofia felt it as Derek pulled away.

"You cheated" Sofia said. "Are you complaining" Derek asked and Sofia smiled before Derek kissed her once again.

Derek picked her up as the kiss was getting heated and pushed the stuff off the table setting Sofia on it without breaking the kiss.

Sofia took Derek's shirt off and he helped her as he tossed it resuming back to her lips kissing her.

>>>

Derek and Sofia were lying in bed with Derek's arm around her and Sofia laid on his chest.

"Hey, did I ever tell you that when Scott roared to turn Malia back that while everyone's eyes glowed mine didn't" Sofia said.

"No" Derek said and looked at Sofia. "Why didn't they" Derek asked.

"I'm not entirely sure but I think it's because I never saw him as my alpha, I always seen you as my alpha even if you don't have your alpha eyes anymore, I always saw you as mine not Scott just you" Sofia said and Derek smiled before giving her a quick kiss.

"I know it probably doesn't make sense but it's just how I feel it's always been you" Sofia said and Derek smiled.

"No, it makes sense to me maybe not to everyone else, but it does to me and that's all that matters" Derek said and Sofia smiled.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.