8

"I SWEAR Master Kohga, that's what he told us his name was!" The scrawny footsoldier pleaded with his boss, who stared at his newest captives through the bars.

Riku stared back directly at the alleged leader of his captors. He had a bigger stature, unlike his henchman, and his outfit was much flashier with its flame like design on either side of his mask, and a white and gold decorated collar to complete his suit.

"You IDIOTS can't be serious, in what world could anyone possibly believe THIS is Link!!!" He stomped his foot in iritation, pointing at the young blonde boy in the cage. "We've FOUGHT Link, and LOST, how could you possibly mistake a child for the hero?! You guys need your eyes checked." He slammed a hand into his mask, nodding his head in obvious disappointment.

Link grew visibly frustrated. That WAS his name, and being disregarded as a hero just because of his age was something that didn't quite sit well with him. His anger caught Kohga's attention. Even without sight of his face, anyone could feel the cocky smirk under his mask.

"Mad kid? Sorry, but you'll need to do a little growing up first before you're anything like Link. I hate the guy, but even I have to admit, I know a capable fighter when I see one, and a snot nosed brat doesn't exactly give me that impression." He and his goons chuckled.

"I don't get what's so funny." The silver haired teen grabbed their attention, not even looking in their direction. He sat cooly with his head leaned against the walls of his prison, which Kohga clearly wasn't a fan of.

"And who are you supposed to be huh? Mr. cool guy? Clearly you're just as far in over your head as this kid is!" He laughed.

"This 'kid' saved me. I wouldn't underestimate him if I were you." Riku scoffed, a smirk of his own took form.

"Well, while you're MY prisoners, I'll underestimate him all I WANT!" Kohga crossed his arms. "You can talk big all you want, but as long as those bars are between you and I, it's all nothing but nonsense!" He laughed as he suddenly disappeared, a poof of smoke appearing in his place, and an array of red paper falling in a pile. His lackeys followed soon after, and the echos of their laughs overtook the halls before finally dying out.

Link and Riku shared a look, and nodded at one another. They both got a similar feeling about this supposed Yiga clan. They didn't seem like much at a glance, but they figured it'd probably be a bad idea to stick around to find out what they might try.

Riku however, couldn't help but have another question on his mind.

"Before I say this, just know that I believe you." Riku started, earning an alarmed glare from the boy clad in green. "Just now, they refused to believe that you were Link." He began to point out, earning an eye roll from the young blonde. "I know, it's frustrating, but think about it...there's another person named Link here? And he's considered a hero in this world? That can't be a coincidence." He put a hand under his chin.

Link explained that it's possible that they made it to another world, but it certainly wasn't his. He's been all over the great sea, so surely he would have heard something about this Yiga clan who claimed to have fought him before.

"I think you're right about that." Riku gave a firm nod. "As much as I'd like to keep throwing guesses back and forth, I think getting out of this would be the best move."

Link agreed, and glanced around for a possibility of escape. His eyes landed back on Riku, who was glancing at his empty hand.

Riku caught the boy staring, and let out a sigh. "Sorry, I just...can't help but wonder why I can't use my Keyblade." He continuously made a gripping motion. "I can feel my magic, but if I use that, I'll be drained, I can feel it."