25

Link was in awe at the use of the Master Sword in someone else's hands, colliding effectively against his shadow counterpart. While it seemed to mimic a lot of his own moves, it couldn't predict Sora, nor could it keep up with his impressive speed.

He decided to focus on his role in this battle. Sora was more of the offensive type, so loaning him the sword was their best option, while he himself still had his shield and a few arrows left.

The moment the shadow's attention was completely off of Link, he bashed into it with the shield, knocking it back, and allowing Sora to get more aggressive with his barrages.

They finally managed to knock it on its back. It was clearly frustrated as it attempted to stand.

"HAH, had enough yet?" Sora pointed the tip of the blade at the opponent with a cocky smirk. Its eyes met his once again, but it wasn't with a look of defeat.

Slowly, its body began to lift off of the ground, and stopped just as it was hovering above them. Before they could question its sudden movement, everything around them changed in an instant. It was like a flash, so quick that it was over in less than a blink.

Sora's eyes became wide, glancing across the familiar beach, the bright blue sky now above them, and the sea that went on for miles. Link noticed this, and questioned where they were taken.

"No way..." Sora muttered. "How can we be on Destiny Islands?!"

The creature made a strange groaning sound, gaining the boy's attention. Its shadowy shape then suddenly began to mold. It grew larger, new limbs of darkness sprouting from its body. It now had four arms, and was unrecognizable, an amalgamation of sorts. It now had one large eye in its center, which stared back at the pair with anger, and impatience. Its body sunk into the ground as if it were dug into the sand, leaving only its midriff and above exposed.

"What kind of test IS this?!" Sora got into battle position, Link following suit.

The strange creature then began to summon weapons in each hand, both all too familiar to the fighters. On its left, a hollowed, shadow version of the Keyblade, and on its right, the master sword in a very similar state, though they were both much larger than their own weapons.

Link turned to Sora, asking him if this thing was a Heartless of some sort.

"No, I don't think so. It doesn't have a symbol." The brown haired teen pointed out. "It doesn't matter though, we've gotta beat this thing!"

Link nodded in complete agreement, fully aware that it was that thing, or them. Test or not, they had no choice but to fight, no matter how big the enemy appeared.

It readied a swing, its arm moving a bit quicker than they both anticipated for something of its size, making its following attack all that more crucial to dodge.

They both gained their bearings after evading the enemy, and began to charge at it. Sora moved in under its arm, and made a leap, the master blade gliding through the shadow in quick succession.

Sora looked back to their opponent, who had already healed it's inflicted injury.

"No way!" Sora barely had time to shout before it retaliated at him with another swing.

While it was occupied with the magic user, Link proceeded to shoot multiple arrows at it, all of which burst on impact leaving a cloud of smoke in their wake.

The boys both stopped for just a moment, waiting to see if it had any effect. Their question was quickly answered once the beast cut through the smoke, both of them blocking an attack that knocked them off their feet.