To the Lips

For quite a while I have been sitting in my car and wait for Niko. The sun has been moving closer and closer towards the horizon for a good while now and you can only see a the last shimmer which is portrayed with a slightly orange line across the sky by now. The stage has all the lights turned on already and especially when the Pyrotechnics and fire go on it gets very bright when you look at the stage.

The temperature drops from minute to minute aswell which is why I'm not sitting here listening to music in my top any longer but in my warm hoodie.

Blind Channel was the last band for today and they have the longest stage-time with one hour. A look at the clock shows me that their hour is now up and to that second it gets extremely quiet. No music anymore only one last scream and then the voices in the speakers fade away. One last shout from the audience and then there's silence.

Somehow scary how everything can get this quiet within seconds. The lights from the stage aren't as bright as they were during the performance and the backstage area in general gets darker. Many artists drive off or continue partying in their tents but in general it stays pretty quiet.

For only one moment I close my eyes and enjoy the silence. This has to happen from time to time. If you only have loud noises around you all day a bit of silence is also nice for a change.

This happiness doesn't stay too long as I suddenly jump up because of a knocking. I turn around shocked and look directly into Niko's green eyes that slightly shimmer through the car door window. Immediately I open up the boot of my car and get out of it. The cold evening air hits me and makes me shiver.

„Don't sleep now lil' woman, the party's only starting now.", Niko laughs and is talking about me closing my eyes in the car. „I wasn't sleeping. I was just enjoying the silence.", I correct him. „Well then.", he laughs and only now I notice that he is still wearing the same black t-shirt and doesn't look like he's freezing at all. Finns. They are probably never cold.

Just as I want to close the boot of my car Niko picks up my guitar and holds it towards me. „Do you want to bring it? We will probably play something later on.", he asks with a smirk to which I then nod my head because I know that even if I say no he'll bring it anyway.

I take the guitar off of him and follow him to their bus. It isn't hard to find as there isn't too many buses on the parking lot and from the ones there it's the one that's loudest what else would you expect.

And as if the bus weren't enough there's an open tent with tables and benches infront of it. That's what I call luxury. My car compared to this was, well actually it was as if you'd compare a hotel toilette with an outhouse. Yes, that fits. Even if I have to say that I'm quite alright with my outhouse.

„Guys, I'm back!", Niko calls out to his friends in Finnish. What he doesn't know, is that I can understand and speak Finnish pretty well as I have been learning Finnish since I decided to move to Finland and also before that a little. But why would I tell them that? It's much more interesting if none of them know about it.

Niko pulls me into the tent with him and lays his hands on my shoulders. „Joonas, Tommi, Olli do you still remember Hilja?", he asks the three boys that I already know in English this time. The three of them look at me a little confused at first until Joonas opens his eyes in a quarter of a second and walks over to me. „Oh my god! You, here?! How is that possible? It's been ages!", he notices and pulls me in for a tight hug where I slightly stand on my tiptoes. The size difference has stayed the same, I'm small, he's tall everything as it was. „Yes, six years. It's nice to see you, Joonas.", I greet him and once I say six years Tommi and Olli recognise me aswell.

The two of them walk up to me aswell and embrace me lovingly. I hug them back and when we separate my look goes to a person who is standing a bit further back, about there where Olli and Tommi have been standing till just now and is looking at me confused.