Happiness is Key (A Zayn Malik Love Story) Part 39

Part 39

Kelsey's POV

It's 3:40 am. Zayn is sound asleep next to me and I haven't slept a wink. I took a sleep aid two hours ago, but it hasn't helped at all. I hear a creek; I freeze, holding my breath. I swear I hear footsteps. It has to be my mind playing tricks on me. My heart is racing and I feel like I'm going to throw up. I try to move my arm and wake Zayn, but I'm frozen in fear. This has always been my worst nightmare. Our bedroom door slowly starts to open, a figure looks in through the doorway and right behind them is a gun, pointed right at me. "Get up" the figure whispers, I can't move. "Get up or I shoot him" I glance over at Zayn, my tears are blocking my vision, but I still see him sleeping peacefully. I shakenly remove the covers from my body and turn, setting my feet on the floor. "Faster!" she demanded I walk towards the door, staring at death. She throws the door open grabbing me around the neck "Zayn!" I scream bloody murder as I'm dragged down the stairs. I hear footsteps behind us, my boyfriend's none the less. "Let her go!" he screams I'm whipped around, an arm around my neck, and a gun to my head. I try to free myself, but my captor tightens their hold around my neck. I start coughing, trying to breathe. "Marry me Zayn!" He looks taken aback and disgusted "You have a gun to my girlfriend's head and you want me to marry you?! What the bloody hell is wrong with you? Let Kelsey go!" "I will ask you one last time Zayn. If you don't answer correctly she will die. Now: will you marry me?" the lovely words could never sound so cynical. I see his furious face turn terrified in the blink of an eye "Fine." "Perfect! Now that wasn't so hard now was it? Too bad she still needs to die." "No!" Just as I feel she's about to pull the trigger; we're tackled to the ground. She's screaming as I squirm away I stand up and start running, but suddenly, I stop. The gunshots I hear make me freeze in my step. I look down and see I'm covered in blood, I collapse.

Zayn's POV

"Kelsey!" I rush to her side She's covered in blood: her stomach and her shoulder. "Someone help!" I scream as I cradle Kelsey One of the police man that was guarding the house runs up to us. "P-please help her." "She's losing a lot of blood! Get her to the hospital!" she yells to the medics running towards us Kelsey is unconscious now and shaking. They take her out of my hands and put her on a stretcher. I keep up hopping in the back of the ambulance.

Kelsey's POV

I wake up, so suddenly. I haven't got the faintest idea as to where I am. I look all around and realize I'm in a hospital. I hear commotion in the hallway. "I'm not leaving her." "Zayn you have to eat something and get some rest." I can do all of that here with Kelsey." "Mate we just want you to be alright." "I'll be alright when she wakes up." The door opens and enters an enraged Zayn. "Zayn..." I test my voice I look over his appearance, he seems older; has more facial hair, more wrinkles. "Kelsey." He runs up to me hugging me "I love you Kelsey." "I love you too Zayn. Are you crying?" he nods "Babe it's okay I'm here." He pulls back looking at me "Zayn..." "Yes my love?" "How long was I sleeping?" he looks down playing with his fingers "You were in a coma...for nine months, eleven days." I am in utter shock "What day is it?" "October 8th" I gasp "I-I missed so much: birthdays, holidays." "I was with you for all of them." "Where is everyone? What happened to the person who shot me?" "Home and jail" "Can I go home?" "Yes you can Ms. Maxwell" in walks the Doctor "It's so nice to see you with your eyes open." I smile