Happiness is Key (A Zayn Malik Love Story) Part 40

Part 40

Zayn's POV

"Lou how the hell did you do this with El, I'm dying from nerves." "Zayn calm down she'll say yes. I know it for a fact." He smiles "I'm ready" calls Kelsey she starts ascending down the staircase and jumps into my arms. I spin her around and kiss her passionately. As we break apart I can't help what happens next. "Marry me." I believe it's me that said it too "What?" I look into her eyes and get down on one knee "I'm literally so nervous that it just came out, but I love you Kels. I was planning on asking at the drive in, but my mouth got ahead of me. I've gone months without you and I don't want to lose you again. So Kelsey Rose Maxwell, will you do me the honors of becoming my wife?" I pull the box out of my coat and open it, showing her the ring "A year ago I would've definitely said no. But now, well I love you too damn much not to say yes." She smiles I put the ring on her finger and she laughs as everyone cheers We share a snog and the rest is history.

*7 years later*

"I can't believe we're already celebrating our 5 year anniversary." My wife says "I know I thought for sure we would've be divorced by now." I joke She smacks my shoulder and we laugh together "If only Adeline could be here to see it." She rubs her overgrown belly I kiss my unborn baby and feel her kick "Speaking of kids, where's Harper?" "She's at Harry and Alaina's for the day. So we can spend some time together." I peck Kels on the lips "But first I have a gift for my beautiful wife" "Zayn you didn't have to!" "But I wanted to. It's not wrapped though so you need to close your eyes" "Okay" "No peaking!" "I won't, I promise!" she giggles I get up and pull from behind the couch our painting. "Okay, open your eyes" She gasps "Zayn...our painting, how did you..." "Remember when we were in your art room and you needed to sell this painting we made to save the house?" she nods "I bought it back then. I knew how much you loved it and how much it reminded you of your Mom, so I couldn't let you part with it." A tear slid down Kels's cheek I set the painting down and sit by her side giving her a hug "I love you so much Zayn" "I love you too Kels"

The End