Happiness is Key (A Zayn Malik Love Story) Part 30

Part 30

Kelsey's POV

Nate and I are still in the car, this traffic sucks. I'm not that worried anymore though, I'm undoubtedly already fired. "What's your name by the way?" Nate asks I look at him "Kelsey" "That's a pretty name" "Thanks" "Wait do you have a phone?!" "It's in the cup holder" "Can I use it?" "Go for it" I pick up the phone and try calling the stage, but no one answers. They're in the middle of a show you idiot! Think. Who can you call. No one, that's who. "Fuck" "No one to call?" "No one who matters" "That can't be true" "Oh but it is Nate. People are stupid and fucked up. No one would help me right now, in my situation." "I'm helping you" he stares into my eyes as I realize we're in a drive through "Thank you" "You're welcome, now what do you want?" "Where are we?" "McDonalds" "I'll have two big macs, a large Coke, a large fry, and a large chocolate shake." "Damn." "C'mon if you hadn't eaten for two days you'd do the same thing" "True" He ordered and we were back on our way "This tastes so good!" Nate laughs "It's McDonalds, it can't be that good." "Oh but it can! Especially when you've been asleep for two days!" he laughs "So what is your job?" "I'm Odile in Swan Lake. Well was anyways." "No way." "Yes way." "I was looking for you that night." I give him a weird look as I swallow a bite of my burger "What?" "I recruit dancers for the show I work for 'So You Think You Can Dance' I went to the bar to talk to you." "Well you have me now, what is it you wanted to talk about?" "This is going to be great! Okay so we already have two girls who you would be in a group with named-" "No" "What do you mean no! You didn't even let me finish!" "Fine, finish." He gives me a skeptical look as he continues "Named Kori and Dahlia, also both amazing dancers. I've seen the videos of you dancing as a kid for hip hop and you were amazing! I know you're doing the whole ballet thing now but you can train with these girls and go on the show! I really think you'd have a chance at winning!" "What's the prize?" "1 million dollars split between the group and a contract with One Direction as their back up dancers." I laugh "You have got to be fucking kidding me. Did Zayn set you up to find me? Or maybe Harry, from the guilt?!" "I have no idea what you're talking about, Kelsey" "I guess you don't really know my past then or what I look like as a matter of fact! You didn't even know it was me in your bed for the past two days! You're a terrible recruiter." "What's wrong with One Di-" "Finish that sentence and I will cut your dick off." He shut his mouth, terrified "You obviously don't know so I'll give you a little peak into my past. Zayn and I just broke up. Very messy. Very destructive." "Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to-" "I know, I know. It's fine but I will never do your show." "Please I need this! I told my boss I could get you! The best dancer in New York, if I come back empty handed I may as well quit right now! I want to prove him wrong. Please." Maybe if I do this I'll become happy? Or at least make my Mom proud, no. I can't. Not if it means seeing Zayn again. "Do the boys know about this whole contract thing?" "Not likely" "Do I have to sign with them if I win?" "No, not at all." I hesitate a bit "Fine. I'll do it, but only because I love proving people wrong and I don't want you to lose your job because of me" "That's fantastic! Thank you! You won't regret it!" "I think I will" I mumble under my breath as we arrive at the stage "I'll be right back stay right there" he nods I run into the backstage area grabbing my belongings including my phone with a billion new texts and calls, all from stage hands, performers, and Ken. Also that random person –They found you. Leave before you talk to him or I will kill you- -Ooohh death threats I'm so scared- I reply "Kelsey! You're fired! You are so fired! But hunny are you okay?" screams Ken "Yeah I'm fine" "Then you are still so fired! Here's your last paycheck" "I know, thanks for the opportunity" he hugs me and walks away I shower really quickly in the back and head to the car "Fired?" "Oh yeah, big time" I laugh as we drive off "Aren't you upset?" "I'll let you in on a little secret: I don't really like ballet. I've always wanted to do hip hop. So the answer to your question is not really. Now here's my address and tell me where the dance studio is." "California. You have to move out by the end of the week" "What day is it?" "Thursday" "You're helping me pack." "As long as it gets you to Cali I will go and get you boxes too!" "No need I just moved in less than a year ago. Only the main essentials are unpacked." "This should be easier than I thought!" I nod and put on the music, Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol is on, my favorite.