Happiness is Key (A Zayn Malik Love Story) Part 33

Part 33

Kelsey's POV

I wake up screaming my head off, finding no one there. I shakily get up and grab my phone dialing 911 "911 what's your emergency?" "He tried to kill me!" "Calm down miss. We are tracking your call right now. Help is on the way. Now please tell me what happened." "I-I was in the bath and he came in a-and grabbed my neck and put me under the water-r and I passed out." "Okay what's your name miss" "Kelsey Maxwell" "What is the name of the guy, do you know?" "Nate. I don't know his last name but he works for 'So You Think You Can Dance' in California." "Police open up" I run to the door opening it and finally being able to breathe again "They're here, bye" I hang up and see I have a text on my phone –Hope you had a good night. Like I said, stay away from Zayn.- I start freaking out even more, hyperventilating at this point really "Miss Maxwell what happened" one cop asks as the other searches my apartment "We're all clear, no one's here." I calm down knowing that and hand the one officer my phone and he looks at the screen, now confused "I-I've been getting threatening texts for a while. I thought they were just some 10 year old after my ex-boyfriend b-but I go another one, this morning and after he tried to kill me. They looked at me seriously and we sat down and I told them everything "How did you get dressed?" I look down and realize that I'm dressed in PJ's "I-I don't know" "Why are there no boxes packed up?" I gulp unable to answer "Do you think you had a nightmare?" "No! It was real! He was here! Swipe for finger prints or something!" they give each other looks "Do a quick swipe" Officer Trent tells Officer Rob and he does so with a machine "Okay the results are in and it seems that the only finger prints in here are yours Miss Maxwell." "What?" "Does your family have a history of mental illness?" "What? No!" "Well I think it was all a nightmare then." "But it was all so real." "They often seem like that don't they?" "Well if you need a therapist here's our guy's card" "Goodbye now and careful when calling 911." "B-but he is real. Why don't you believe me?!" I look at my phone to pull up the messages again but now they're all gone I start screaming down the hallway "The messages! They must've deleted themselves or something! I swear they were here!" The police were already gone. I have to get out of here. Maybe moving to California was a good idea after all. I pack the necessities quickly, buy a plane ticket online, and leave. I head to the airport in a cab thinking how he really was there, am I crazy? I shake the thought from my head and feel my neck, no evidence of any bruising. I board the plane suddenly realizing I don't have a place to stay, shit.

Zayn's POV

Everyone is heading back to England. There's no point in trying to get Kelsey back when she has a boyfriend. I want to throw up at the thought. How could she! I've been seeing her everywhere the past week and I'm still madly in love with her! Great! She's even here at the airport! Wait, is she actually at the airport? "Li is that Kelsey over there?" I point "Yeah!" "Lets follow her!" I say to the group and see what terminal she's going in: California. We all quickly buy tickets to her destination and follow her inside the plane. Hopefully she won't notice any of us; she seems pretty out of it right now anyways.

Kelsey's POV

I've had two scotches on the flight over and I'm finally here after a long plane ride. First thing I do when I get off the plane is go to the front desk and ask where they have apartments for sale. She gives me an address and I rent a car and go there. I arrive at the place twenty minutes away and get the first apartment, the worst money can buy but it's still good coming furnished and all: One bedroom, one bathroom, living room, kitchen, $850 a month. That'll blow through my savings in three months so I better find a job by then. I go to the apartment which is located on the beach, very nice. I figure I can dance on the boardwalk and try to earn money that way. As well as getting a proper job. I immediately apply across the street at Portillos and also immediately they turn me down, great. Boardwalk it is then. I walk into my new apartment and it's pretty nice, great view, better than New York for sure. I finally plop down on the bed exhausted and jet legged, I fall asleep instantly.

Zayn's POV

"We've followed Kels around all day and good thing she hasn't noticed, but can't we just go up to her and say hi like normal people." Begged Liam's girlfriend "She needs time and I don't want her madder at me." I say "Lets get an apartment in the same building then. We need a place to live and it's got to be cheaper than a hotel! Plus we can keep an eye out for her." "Great idea Harry" and so we do that: five bedrooms, two and a half baths, living room, and kitchen. It's the penthouse. It's perfect.