Happiness is Key (A Zayn Malik Love Story) Part 4

Part 4

Kelsey's POV

BAM! BAM! BAM! I jumped out of bed in a panic now only waking up from my slumber. I look around the room in shock only seeing Kira and metal pans "You've got to be kidding me!" I groaned and plopped down on my bed ready to fall back asleep "Mum says breakfast now or not at all!" she shouted leaving the room I hate breakfast, might as well sleep through it. "Grandma can't be with us forever baby girl" "Why not Mommy?" my younger self asked "No one lives forever Kels. When God thinks it's her time to go she won't be with us in this way anymore." "How will she be with us then?" "She'll watch over us from Heaven and eventually when the time is right, we'll join her up there." "What about Daddy?" "Daddy too" my Mother smiled and gave me a hug sighing I woke up with a tear gliding down my face Dammit why did I have to dream about my Grandma's death "Kelsey" someone knocked on the door I quickly whipped my face off and sat up in bed "Yeah?" in walked Al "You missed breakfast" "I know." I glanced at the clock to see it was 9 am "Why'd you wake me up so early?" "You're going to find a job today remember? But first you have to help Kira deliver her Girl Scout Cookie orders to the neighbors." "Why might I ask?" "I have to go to work and I'm already late! Dylan's at work, lunch is all on you, watch Kira today! Bye sweetie" she gave me a kiss on the forehead and left. I walked downstairs to see Kira watching a cheesy romance movie "I love you Barbara" "Oh my God I like love you too Kenny!" Geeze they might as well be saying 'Be the butter to my corn!' "Kira get up we're delivering cookies" I grabbed the remote and turned off the TV "Hey! I was watching that!" "Yeah well now you're not" she crossed her arms pouting "Where are the cookies?" She stuck her tongue out at me and got up going to the kitchen "Hey!" I screamed and she jumped "If you don't tell me where the fucking cookies are they're not going to be delivered!" "I-in the closet" she stuttered running away God why do little kids have to be so difficult! I opened the closet to find five boxes of cookies and the note on top said the address. Only one family ordered cookies? Weird, well it is a small town. "Kira come on lets go!" "No! I'm not going you're mean!" "Fine! Don't leave the house!" I changed out of my PJs and ate a quick meal before filling a backpack with the boxes of cookies and heading out to find the address. Turns out the house I was looking for was only down the street. I knocked on the door a women answer with a weak smile "Niall's not home at the moment sorry" "Excuse you?" "He's out working" I gave her a blank stare "Um I'm here to deliver you're Firefly Cookies..." "Aren't you a bit old for that?" "They're my cousins, Kira." "Oh sorry I thought you were a fan of my son's well I'll go get the money." I nodded getting the cookies out of my bag and handing them to her as she handed me 100 pounds. I have no idea how much 100 pounds is in American money but it sure seems like a lot for cookies! "Do you know where the nearest mall is?" "Just down the street to your right" "Much appreciated" I left her house Well that was weird, now to go spend my newly acquainted cash! I arrived at the mall and found the sickest pair of combat boots! They were black with black diamond studs and were exactly 100 pounds! I wore them back to the house, happier than I have been in a while. It's been about an hour and a half since I left: I walked back into the house seeing Kira asleep on the couch covered in junk food. So she's not as dumb as I thought, at least she took advantage of the situation. I was left home all the time when I was eight, but I never ate crap I just practiced my dance routines. The front door suddenly opened to reveal Kira's brother and my other cousin Dylan. I smiled and went in to hug him "How's my 22 year old best cousin?" "Great, how's my 19 year old favorite cousin?" he mocked "Same as always" we pulled apart from each other "Why is Kira..." "You don't want to know" "Okay then, so Mum says you're staying with us for a bit?" "It's not like I have a choice so yeah." "Well make yourself at home I have to get back to work in a bit I just thought I'd drop by and check on you girls" "Where do you work by the way?" "Walmart" "Ahhh, explains the poor choice of clothing" he chuckled "Now get back to work!"