Happiness is Key (A Zayn Malik Love Story) Part 11

Part 11

Zayn's POV

It's been two months since I've seen the agonizingly beautiful girl that was called Zoey and she's been running through my mind all day, every day. Well what I can remember of her, it was a pretty fuzzy night and painful hangover morning. I searched for her for a bit while we were finishing the tour, but had no luck. The tour is over now though so we're on vacation in America, Illinois to be exact. We're here to try and get away from everyone for a while so Simon has rented a home in the suburbs for us, until our next tour. Our families are welcome even though we saw them two months ago when we were here for the last leg of our tour. Then we finished in South America and some small countries that I rarely hear of.

Kelsey's POV

I woke up drenched in my own blood so I'm already dreading this week and by that I mean it's that time of the month again. I got out of bed still in my PJs from last week and decided to go for a swim. I put on my crappiest bikini and took a bottle of vodka heading out to my clean pool. Good thing Dan still feels bad about what happened to my Dad so he still cleans the pool, even without pay. I walked right into the warm water relaxing with my vodka, floating around in the quiet surroundings; when suddenly it became very noisy. I opened my eyes to see the new people moving in next door, terrific! I sighed now walking out of the pool and finishing the bottle of vodka; squeezing out my now blond, blue, and purple hair into my towel. My hair is about the only thing I changed since that night two months ago. I've lost some weight too, but I don't care. I walked into the house dripping a bit and decided to take a shower today; it is his birthday after all. After I got out of the shower I decided to try a bit for today so I got dressed in something I think Dad would've liked on me: a black, innocent looking dressand then put on my matching apron. Matching to whom you ask; my parents. Every year on each one of our birthdays we'd always make a cake together in our matching aprons. It's how we celebrated. I started taking out the eggs when someone knocked on the door. I walked over opening it and seeing a man in all black "Hello Miss, I'm Jerry. I'm guessing you've noticed that you have new neighbors for the time being and they happen to be in a famous band called One Direction. I would like you to sign this confidentiality agreement saying you won't tell anyone they're here. All they want is privacy for their vacation." "Where do I sign?" I signed the stupid papers not even bothering to read them and he left. I've never even heard of One Direction before.

Louis's POV

"Wait, when you told her she didn't freak out or anything?" I asked "No she looked depressed actually; very pretty girl though, looked about your guys' age. She was actually wearing a black dress and small baking apron." "So she's a baker" spoke Harry "We should go introduce ourselves" said Liam "Good idea mate!" agreed Niall We started walking over to her house

Kelsey's POV

I was just pulling my cake out of the oven when the doorbell went off. Why is everyone coming to my house now? No one's even bothered to ring our, my, bell in years. I opened the door covered in baking ingredients and not caring. Seeing the group of guys from back when my Dad was alive "Hello!" said um what's his name, Harry "Um, hi" "We're One Direction and you are?" said Liam "Kelsey" I decided to go with the truthful route "Nice to meet you Kelsey we're renting the house next door and we..." "I know Niall" I said "How do you know my name?" "You're One Direction, no?" "Oh right" I looked over the guys who all looked in top shape. Zayn was a bit buffer. but I couldn't complain. He was staring at me with a confused face. "Hey" I said to him "Zo..." "Kelsey" I corrected before he could even say that name "Nice to meet you, all of you but I have to go" I started to close the door but someone's foot was in the way "Are you baking?" asked Harry "No shiznit Shakira!" I said dumbly "Well that escalated quickly" said Liam "Guys really I need to be alone goodbye" I tried closing the door again "Why?" asked Louis with his hand on the door "Oh my God! Stop asking questions and leave me to mourn my Father's death and his birthday by myself!" I slammed the door in their faces Geeze they don't know when to quit do they! I iced the cake and cut three pieces out of it, eating a slice. I threw the rest away; I just need someone to understand. I put my PJs back on and went back to my secret art room. There's a crawlspace in my closet that no one but my Mom and I knew about. It was for dancing but I changed it years ago when I quit dancing. I started taking out the colors and making random lines having no idea as to what I was painting yet but it soon forming into an object, a cake.