Chapter 25: Interviews And Leads

The rest of the brunch was somber, a stark contrast to how it began. We all made it back to the office when Sammy and Eunie left with Marissa Nico, and Sean. Leaving only Samara and me at the office.

"I had a feeling she was going to hit her limit." Samara said as she went to her desk. "I've been trying to be there for her since we started working together to form the first agreement. I won't tell you anything you don't already know, but just know. She's been through hell for the last year and she just wants to save her family." She said as she looked at her screens. I then heard typing until I heard a message sent noise.

I asked. "I know it's her twin, but why is everything on her? Nico and Sean didn't seem to know much beyond the stalker problem." Samara looked up from her screens. Her expression said 'What part of I'm not saying shit don't you get?' She then opened a drawer in her desk and pulled out a book.

"This is for you. Maybe you'll figure out a few things with this." She said as she handed me off the book. I looked at the title.

The Werewolf Compendium.

"I suggest you read up on them with what's coming." She said, as she looked over her screens.

"Alright, I'll read this later today. Should we interview the ghosts we got from the teacups while I'm here?" I asked when she then got up from her desk.

"Yeah, let's get that set, so you can go right back to the mystery once the stalker siblings are dead.

——Samara——

Vincent and I then left my reception room and went to the meeting room. I already prepped the room for our interviews and got the soul projectors ready and on the table.

"Thanks for prepping everything, Samara." Vincent said to me.

"Thank you for dropping off the cubes before you got ready for brunch." I said back. We each took a seat at the large mahogany table. On the table were three circular devices, each about a foot in diameter. Soul projectors, they let us talk to ghosts while they're still confined to the cubes. "Now, Vincent, I got the three boys first. I want to remind you these are kids, so be nice to them. They're probably going to be scared." I said, before grabbing the soul cubes with the boys in them.

This is going to be rough. I got nieces the same age as them.

"I know." He said in response to my mandatory suggestion of how to behave. "If we're starting with them, then we have Noah, Luca, and Austin. The three died the same night Alexander killed Alba." He said, leaning back in his chair.

I will say his memory and ability to think on the fly are impressive. Considering I need to watch him, Sammy, and Brenton. I can't always watch him, so the reminders of what he's dealing with help.

I then set a cube on each projector and pressed the power button to each one, moments later, light came from the top of the cubes as three children displayed scaled down to fit on the projectors platform, two in swimsuits and one in a tee shirt and pajama pants appeared, they looked around the room and then to us. I then put on my work smile and with my working tone said.