Chapter 26: My Emotional Support Demon

——Sammy——

——Sammy——

After Vincent had agreed to help Marissa and her family, we wrapped up a brunch that ended on a soul-crushing note.

We need a serious plan to get through this alive. If this job goes wrong, we'll be lambs to the slaughter. As we reached the office, I heard my phone beep.

|Samara (emergency #):

-Sammy, Vincent and I need to wrap up the kids so they can be at peace. Can you and Eunie please go with Marissa?

-You and Marissa seem like you'll get along well enough and Eunie can give Nico and the other siblings some moral support.

I left a thumbs up on the last message.

|Sammy:

-Sure, I'll handle that.

A heart appeared reaction appeared on my message.

I then looked to Eunie and saw her looking at her phone when she glanced at me and gave me a nod when we waited for the others to enter the office first. I then spoke.

"Eunie, let me talk with Marissa first. You can focus on the others." She gave a nod when we then entered to see Vincent and Samara talking with Marissa and Nico.

"D-D Where did Sean go?" Eunie asked as the six of us remained in the office.

"He must have gone through Vincent's door already." I said as she turned to the wall with our doors on it and then looked at the radiant silver door to his new condo, nestled between my Emerald green door and the Ruby red door that formerly belonged to Amelia.

"Oh, maybe I should." Eunie said as she headed towards the silver door. She stopped when Marissa spoke.

"Sammy, Eunie? Are you coming?" She asked as they headed towards the active client hallway. I then said.

"You can always speak with Sean after this." I said when she gave a nod.

"Okay." she said as we entered the vast hallway with doors on each side. "Wow, D-D, your boss's dimensional corridor is massive compared to ours!" she said as we looked down the hallway, unable to see the end. "We have, like, thirty doors, tops." She said as we ventured down the hallway.

I recall Samara saying they have over a thousand doors, but they've never had more than a quarter of them in use at a time.

We then reached a door with a tag that read:

#165 Pines Family Estate, CastleHill, MA

Nico then opened it to reveal a brick wall. Marissa then spoke.

"Nico, you need to activate the key first." She looked at her brother, who was still distraught at the revelations from brunch.

In the time I've known him, he's never been this quiet. When we returned from brunch, he didn't even stop to look at anything else on the street.