Chapter 35: Another Offer

A/N: Please note this chapter contains: Violence including dismemberment, gore, blood. If you are sensitive to cults this chapter does contain elements of them and those who are either forced into or grow up in a cult and elements used by the more extreme ones. Please note as most the participants are to a degree a victim the battle is very fast paced as to not glorify the violence against those forced into it while those who actively keep this suffering going get descriptions you are used to in fights.

Also to nah_just_deadpool Please be warned this chapter is from the POV of "the Brit" As you refer to him I apologize if it is too much but to anyone reading this go give his series a try (Book 1 is An Assassin's Second Chance). I love it the series!

Story Note: When Brenton is communicating via a mental link with his construct, Brenton's thoughts will be in single quotation without bold like this 'Example' His construct will be in bold 'Example'.

——Brenton——

-6:20PM

Liam and I stood before the Gaudin family compound. A compound that had the inspirations of a prison, with large gray buildings dotted within the confines of a large gray cage. The outer walls had some contrast, as the moss and mildew had long since dotted the gray concrete with hues of green and black, standing as a reminder of the years and generations trapped within. Atop the walls had been a trimming of rusted razor wire that had vanished in our approach of the ominous structure. I then glanced at the large metal gate that had accumulated some rust over the time since they installed it, and each sign of its age becoming clearer with each step forward.

Merely looking at this fortress sends dread to the depths of my soul. Horrors have been and are still being committed within this place. Horrors that will end today.

"Liam, are you sure you'll be able to handle what's in there?" I asked,

"Probably not, but we don't have a choice. Besides, Samara and I already wrote the contracts. I only hope some of them decide to take it." Liam said, as we passed a large sign that had had stood for quite some time. The metal had faded and rusted and the post greyed and warped.

Private Property

No Trespassing

We stood before the gate, a speaker box crackled alive. The voice that came from it had sounded distorted, likely from the aging equipment,

"State your business or leave at once. This is private property and you are trespassing." The speaker let out a high-pitched screech, then went silent.

Fortunately, "Daryl" advised his subordinates that we are here as part of the big declaration at the gathering about to start. Daryl would not be present, but we would report back if anything were below his standards.