Chapter 136: Mending Friendships... Or At Least Trying To

Gal Gadot plays Theresa

L.A

"So, how long are we going to sit here for?"

I sighed while leaning my arm on the door handle in the car.

"Are we just gonna stare out the window at her or..."

I ignored Theresa completely and, yes, stared out the window at who you may ask. At Rachel.

"I thought you said you ended on good terms with her."

"I did." I finally respond.

"So, what's the issue-"

"I said I would keep in touch."

"Okay..."

"And I also said that she should call me if she ever needed me."

"Alright and...?"

"I did neither. She called me a handful of times and even asked for my help with some model jobs. Not everyone got out of the eighties as successful models. I and some other girls were very lucky that to this day we're still relevant and designers are paying big money to work with us. Rachel wasn't lucky. She got dropped from her model agency in ninety-two. And no other model agency would take her."

"And so, she became a realtor."

"Yup."

"And she's, our realtor?"

"Yup."

"And she doesn't like you."

"I don't know." I shrug. "I mean, I didn't help her out when she called me. And she loved modeling, so I'm sure she probably does."

"Well, sorry, I didn't know you two knew each other. A friend of mine hooked me up with her. But I told you her name -"

"Her name was Rachel Glover. You told me, Rachel Dunn."

"Well, that's the name on her card." Theresa pulls it up, showing me. "See Rachel Dunn."

"Argh, who does my past always come up to bite me in the butt."

"Look, Mani, we can't just sit in the car. If she hates you, she hates you. But you have a chance to apologize if you did do her wrong. Although I feel you didn't because you were going through your problems. But just talk to her. Now let's go!" She opened the car door and exited, waving down Rachel, who waved back at her.