Chapter 23

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
Lauren POV

Camila's hand is entwined with my own. Her thumb gently rubbing circles on the back of my hand.

We're walking together on the beach. I feel the wind blowing cooly against my skin.

She looks up at me with those beautiful brown eyes. They're so beautiful, I get lost in them each time.

She has the biggest smile on her face and she gets down on one knee.

"Lauren, I love you"

"I love you too Camz.. what are you doing?'" I ask as she takes my hand in hers. My heart starts beating extremely fast.

"You're my everything Laur. When I look at you I know that there isn't anywhere I would rather be. I'll love you forever and always. Through the good and the bad and the ugly. I just want you. More than that, I need you. Ever since I first met you on the X Factor, you had my heart. We have been through so much together and I know we will continue to go through things together. As long as I have you by my side I know i can make it through anything. I want to spend forever with you. I do not ever want to lose you or what we have because you are seriously my whole world. Will you, Lauren Michelle Jauregui take me, Karla Camila Cabello, to be your wife?"

I gasp. Holy shit did this just happen? I can't believe it.

"Oh my god yes!" I squeal and she gets up and puts the ring on.

I close my eyes and lean in for a kiss.

One second I feel her breath on my lips, she's getting closer. The next second I feel nothing. I slowly open my eyes and she's gone.

"Camz?" I whisper looking around.

"Camz!?! Camila! Camz where are you Camz?" I scream running trying to find the love of my life.

I can't breathe. I can't see straight. I can't do anything but scream to find her. I need to find her.

"Camz! Camz!" Tears stream down my face and I hear someone whispering but I don't see anyone.

I collapse to the floor, the pain getting to be too much. "Camz! please come back! I promise I'll never hurt you again. I'll never steal your pancakes. I'll never tease you again. I'll never do anything wrong ever again I'll buy you whatever you want and I'll do anything just please come back" I sob.

I can't lose her. Life isn't worth living without her by my side. I can't lose her. Camz I can't lose you.

"Baby it's okay please wake up" I hear a whisper.

"Camz!?!" I swear I can hear her where is she?

"Baby look at me" I hear Camila say and then I open my eyes.

She's here. Camz is here and I pull her into a hug. I'm never letting go.

"Baby it's okay" she whispers as I cry into her neck.

I really thought I lost her. I can't lose her.

"I'm right here Laur. I'm not going anywhere" She kisses my head and I breathe a sigh of relief.

I've had nightmares before. I've had dreams that I died, that someone was chasing after me, that I've fallen out of a rollercoaster, that I lost my voice, that I was separated from my family.

None of those dreams scared me more than this one.

"I can't lose you" I whisper.

"You're never going to"

After my dream I couldn't fall back asleep.

"Do you want to try writing a song with me?" I ask hopeful. We've never written one before but I have an idea for one that I really love.

"Really?" I see a smile plastered across her beautiful but tired face.

I feel terrible for keeping her up but she won't sleep unless she knows I will and I just can't sleep.

"Yes. Can you grab your guitar?" I ask and she immediately gets up to get it.

Two hours and four cups of coffee later we have the song and I love it. It's a special thing me and Camz share. It's a beautiful song and it reminds me that I never know when something is going to happen so I have to take each moment as if it's the last. As if I will lose her.

"Let's sing it one more time before we sleep" I insist and she willingly complies. I can tell she's just as proud of the song as I am.

She begins strumming her fingers across the guitar.

[Lauren]
I found myself dreaming
In silver and gold
Like a scene from a movie
That every broken heart knows we were walking on moonlight
And you pulled me close
Split second and you disappeared and then I was all alone

I woke up in tears
With you by my side
A breath of relief
And I realized
No, we're not promised tomorrow

[Both]
So I'm gonna love you
Like I'm gonna lose you
I'm gonna hold you
Like I'm saying goodbye wherever we're standing
I won't take you for granted 'cause we'll never know when
When we'll run out of time so I'm gonna love you
Like I'm gonna lose you
I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you

[Camila]
In the blink of an eye
Just a whisper of smoke
You could lose everything
The truth is you never know

So I'll kiss you longer baby
Any chance that I get
I'll make the most of the minutes and love with no regrets

So let's take our time
To say what we want
Use what we got
Before it's all gone
No, we're not promised tomorrow

[Both]
So I'm gonna love you
Like I'm gonna lose you
I'm gonna hold you
Like I'm saying goodbye wherever we're standing
I won't take you for granted 'cause we'll never know when
When we'll run out of time so I'm gonna love you
Like I'm gonna lose you
I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you

Hey
Whoa

I'm gonna love you
Like I'm gonna lose you
I'm gonna hold you
Like I'm saying goodbye wherever we're standing
I won't take you for granted 'cause we'll never know when
When we'll run out of time so I'm gonna love you
Like I'm gonna lose you
I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you

Yeah, yeah
Like I'm gonna lose you

I wipe a fallen tear and look at my girlfriend. "I promise I'm going to love you until the day I die. I know I haven't been the best at showing it but you mean everything to me." I smile and my girlfriend who has a tear running down her face.

"Ditto" she smiles and kisses me in a soft and passionate kiss.

I hope I never lose the love of my life but one thing is sure, even if I do lose her one day I'll make sure she always knows just how much she means to me.

Crappy chapter sorry. Thanks for all the reads, votes, comments and supports. It means the world to me <3