Chapter 26

CHAPTER 26
Dinah POV

"Baby will you please stop pacing? You're making me nervous.." I look up at my girlfriend who hasn't sat down since we arrived at my parents house.

Her mother and father were downstairs as well as mine, enjoying the company of each other.

She sits on the bed beside me. "I'm scared" she admits.

"Me too baby but we have each other okay? No matter what we have each other and we love each other. That's not going to change. I promise"

That seemed to convince her enough and she laid her head on my shoulder and entwined our fingers.

We stayed like that, in comfortable silence until my mom called us downstairs for dinner.

We walked downstairs slowly, not in any rush for the inevitably complicated conversation that was about to come up.

As we all eat dinner my mom looks up at me.
"So babygirl what did you and Normani have to tell us?"

Crap... here goes...

My heart is racing. I want to just run away and hide.

Wait... no.

I'm Dinah Jane Hansen. I can handle this. I'm proud of who I am. I've come a long way since I was younger and I will not put myself down anymore.

I am gay. I am in love with a beautiful girl. She's in love with me. We're happy. I will NOT run away from this.

I hold Normani's hand under the table.

"Well.. Me and Normani... Normani and I... we've been.. uhm... seeing each other..."

Normani POV

Shit she said it.. No one is talking.. Our parents just stare.

Is it shock? Disgust? Both?

Just as I was about to get up and run away and cry in a corner Dinah's mom said something in a different language. I didn't understand but judging by Dinah's beautiful laugh I think it was something good.

Dinah turns around and whispers in my ear what her mom said.

"At least I don't have to worry about you getting pregnant" I choked on the chicken I was eating and Dinah and her mom began laughing again.

I looked at my parents and my mom finally spoke.

"Well, I knew there was a reason you had an unhealthy obsession with Beyonce" she said and I felt so relieved.

"Hey I have an unhealthy obsession with Beyonce because she's Beyonce" I defend with a large smile on my face.

"Plus I absolutely hated your last boyfriend" My dad chimed in.

"Yes Dinah normally has horrible taste, I'm glad she finally found someone deserving" I heard Dinah's dad say.

I looked over to see Dinah wipe her eyes and I squeezed her hand softly.

I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulder.

Dinner was amazing. We talked about everything, conversation flowed effortlessly and I couldn't help but feel closer to my family and Dinah's as well.

It couldn't have turned out better, I just hope it turned out good for Camila and Lauren as well.

A/N since this is such a short chapter I'll double update today.