Chapter 31

I'd known Shiloh for almost four months now, and other than the first week or two right after the trial when I was so hurt, I think I fantasized about kissing her almost daily. Yes, I dreamed about doing a lot more than that too, but kissing was always the first step. But as many times as my imagination may have pictured it, the reality of her lips meeting mine was better than anything I'd ever felt.

She stood on her toes, leaning into me as her hands gently cupped my cheeks and her lips softly pressed against mine. She'd always had nice plump lips that I'd stared at but feeling them now made me sigh in contentment. Or I did until she pressed me into the countertop of the island. That wasn't going to happen! I moved my hands down to her hips, then spun her around, lifting her up onto the counter and getting a yelp in reply.

I felt her legs wrap around me as I moved my hands back up, tangling them in her hair as her hands still stroked my cheeks. It was wonderful. I'd missed being with her. Her scent was permeating me, and her touch was as wonderful as ever. But the lips, oh damn those lips. I wanted them everywhere, and I wanted mine all over her too.

I opened my lips slightly for my tongue to meet hers and was surprised to taste salty tears. I'd had my eyes closed enjoying my other senses, but now they shot open. I could see her cheeks streaked with the little trails of tears, and I pulled away, wiping them away gently with my thumbs. "Hey, it's okay. What's the matter, beautiful?"

She looked at me, smiling through the tears. "I'm okay, I promise. I'm okay," She pecked my lips, then pulled back once more. "Less than two hours ago I was miserable, thinking I had lost you forever, and now here I am kissing you and getting ready to let you do whatever you want to me."

I was shocked at that for a moment. I mean, I was glad she was happy, but I wasn't expecting her to say what she had about what I might want to do with her! "Whatever I want to do to you, eh?"

She blushed crimson at that then nodded shyly. "Yes. Anything. I know I flirt a lot. But I like this side of you. I want to be yours, and I can't wait any more. It feels like we've been doing nothing but delaying the inevitable, and I want you to take me and make me remember what this has all been about."

I leaned in, kissing the soft skin of her neck, right underneath her ear. "And what has this all been about?" I asked as she tilted her head to the side to give me more access to her neck and throat.

"Us. It's always been about us. I think I knew I wanted to be with you from the first moment I met you in the elevator. Now that we're both on the same page, I don't plan on ever letting you go." Her breathing was becoming ragged as I continued to kiss and lick her, alternating between her earlobe, collarbone, and everywhere in between.

She was right. It had always been about us, even when we were trying our best to behave. We knew what we wanted, and there had always been plans for what we'd do once I was free to pursue her. But then we lost two months, and now we were finally able to reconnect and give in to one another. For two months we spent almost every lunch and every weekend together. We knew that we were attracted to each other on every level, so this was just one more step in our slightly delayed relationship. And it was a step that I couldn't wait to take!

"I guess I better give you what you need then, eh?"

"Oh, God yes! Please, Key. Don't make me wait anymore!" I could feel her legs tightening around my waist, pulling me into her hips as she whined needily.

"Tell me what you want, baby." Damn was she turning me on, and I wanted to make her scream in pleasure tonight.

"Touch me. Taste me. Do whatever you want to make me yours. Mark me. Bite me. But don't make me wait another minute!" Her hands were in my hair now, pulling me into her, and wanting everything.