Sweaters

1996

Wednesday December 22nd

I wake up in the middle of the night, not being able to sleep, I sit down on the floor and take my painting from earlier down from Ginny's drawer, I find my wand and in light the room slightly with the help of "Lumos" Ginny is a heavy sleeper, so she isn't bothered by the light.

Hermione on the other hand, not so much, as my wand lights up, she sits up in the bed and groans: "Turn off the light Harlow."

"But I can't sleep, I need to do something."

Hermione: "Fine but turn off the light."

"You see I can't do that."

Hermione: "And why not?" she says irritated.

"I just can't, I need light to paint" I try to get her understanding, but with no luck.

Hermione: "Fine, just paint and then try to sleep after, okay?

"Okay" I mutter under my breath.

Hermione turns around and I get back to my painting.
I sketch out each of the Weasley's with their matching Christmas sweaters on.
It takes a while for me to get a hundred percent right, but at the end I'm happy with the result.
After every one of the Weasleys are sketched I start painting. I start with Molly and Arthur, I Molly's sweater in a light pink tone with a yellowish M on the front. Arthurs A is also in the yellowish colour, and his sweater is brown. On to the twins Fred and George, both with their king blue sweaters and each of their initials written in a yellowish colour. Then Bill and Charlie.
I paint Charlie in a lighter brown than Arthurs. And with Bill I was debating with myself if I should put a B or a W on the sweater, because Bill's "real" name is William, but everyone calls him Bill, so I decided to go with the B. And Bills sweater was painted in green.
Now I'm only missing Ron, Percy, and Ginny. I know, that Rons sweater is always maroon, and he hates it. But of course, I need to paint his sweater in his traditional colour. Percy's sweater I am painting red. And Ginny's sweater is orange.
Every one of the Weasleys have their traditional colour of their Christmas sweaters.
Ginny's has always been orange and she thinks it's almost like a camouflage to her red hair, but she hasn't told her mom because when Ron told her that he hated the maroon she was so disappointed, so Ginny lives with the orange sweater, but I think that orange fits her, even if her hair is red.
Now the painting is done, it took shorter time than I would have figured, what you can't do in the middle of the night.
I feel the tiredness get the best of me, I crawl into bed again and snuggle into Ginny one last time before falling asleep again.  

-------------------------

Puplished: 07-06-23