𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

"Needless to say, I keep her in check

  "Needless to say, I keep her in check. She was a bad-bad nevertheless."

Let's start this from the beginning...

Harley Rider was bitten by a radioactive spider when she was 15. She was painting during her art class in high school, until she felt a sharp pain in her left hand. Harley dropped the paint brush in a panic only for it to stick to the palm of her hand. She looked at her hand in bewilderment.

After many methods of attempting to get the paintbrush off her hand, she gave up. But luckily the next morning the brush finally came off. After few months of getting used to her new powers, the girl decided to use her new powers to a great cause.

That great cause was being a hero.

Harley started to design her spider suit. Attempting to make it unique as possible. After months of perfecting her suit, Harley was finished, and with the final product on her body she went into the city.

The girl swung through the city. Well, she didn't swing great at first. Slamming into walls, windows, cars, and much, much more. At this point it was embarrassing.

At one point she became an expert at using her newfound powers.

This was the beginning of a new spider woman.

Harley Charlotte 'Charlie' Rider

"Dad?!" Harley yelled out as she put her black converse on. Her fingers jammed between her ankle and the counter lining. Her fingers felt like it was on fire, but she didn't care. Harley had ten minutes to get to college.

"Yeah, Charlie?!" Her dad 'Ben' replied, who was downstairs, cooking bacon and eggs. He hissed in pain as he accidently touched the hot skillet. He recoiled his hand away from the pan and blew it off.

"Do you—shit!" She tripped over her red electric guitar, catching herself, saving herself from face planting onto the floor. "Do you know where my headphones are?!"

"Why would I know where your headphones are?!" He shouted back.

"Well—" Harley blew a strand of hair from her face and sighed. Harley swiftly stood up and made it downstairs, pulling her hair in a ponytail. "You're a dad. You know where everything is."

"Charlie, I don't have superpowers." Ben crossed his arms, secretly eyeing the headphones that was lying on the couch.

"Dad..." She glared at her dad. She knew, he knew where it was. Harley crossed her arms and tapped her foot on the wooden floor. The floor had a few scuff marks from her dragging the canvas and other items around the house.

Ben was getting annoyed by the tapping of her foot. "Can you stop doing that?"

"Doing what?" She bit back, determined for her father to

"Crossing your arms and tapping your foot."

"I'll stop when you tell me where my headphones are." Harley compromised.

"Stop it...Charlie...Harley. Okay, okay fine." Ben finally stopped teasing and pointed at the couch. "It's on the couch."

Harley huffed in frustration, grabbing her headphones and putting it around her neck. She grabbed two pieces of bacon and placed it in her mouth. She couldn't work on an empty stomach. Ben suddenly through a granola bar towards her, hitting her in the head.

Harley glared at her father. She swallowed the last piece of the food. "What the hell!"

"Sorry. I thought your tingles would've take care of it."

"I have the tingle thing. Just not for granola bar." Harley told him with a sigh, a frown on her face. The blond checked the time, her eyes expanded. Harley hugged her father quickly and grabbed her skateboard.

"Make sure to tell Uncle Ethan Happy Birthday!" She said before exiting the building.

The girl grabbed the skateboard in her hand and opened the door of her house and into the street. She pulled out her phone and glanced at it. Shit. She had three minutes to get to class.

Harley ran inside her college. She barreled through the classroom. Her hair cascaded on her face.

"Where were you, Ms. Rider?" Ms.Penny arched an eyebrow. Her actual name was Penny Wadsworth. But Penny didn't like the last name and resorted into her students calling her by her first name.

"Oh—uh—I had to help my dad fix his car. You know it was sputtering" Harley nervously laughed, placing her old and roughed up backpack on the floor. She placed her pencils and paintbrush on her canvas.

"Yeah, okay." Ms. Penny rolled her eyes. "You and I. After school. Talk. Got it?"

"Yes mam." She saluted playfully, holding a pencil in her hand. Penny rolled her eyes once more. She was always told it would get easier when they grew up. Yeah, well, she was lied to.

Penny walked to the chalk board and started to draw the human anatomy in great detail. She pointed at the muscles of the body. "I've noticed most of the students struggle with the concept of drawing a muscle..."

Harley drowned out Penny's voice. Harley began drawing a duck and cat hybrid in her sketch book. Harley increased the volume of her headset. Penny tapped her shoulder. Harley jumped in surprise and dropped her pencil; she almost fell out of her chair if it wasn't for the table in front of her. Harley took her headphones off.

Penny smiled. "Class is over. It's time to talk."

"What about my other classes?"

"I'll write you a note."

"Uh—okay."

Penny sat on top of her desk and crossed her legs. She brushed her auburn hair back. "I'm worried." Harley furrowed her eyebrows, a puzzled look among her face. "About what?"

"You." Penny stated. "Look. The day you told me about your spider woman business was the day I invested into your personal life. You've been showing up to my class tired...and I know you covered your bruises."

Harley pulled her sleeve down of her shirt. "I can't help getting hurt."

"Harley that's not the point. You're getting hurt for someone else. You're putting your well-being greatly under everyone." Penny responded with a stern yet calming voice.

"The day I got bitten was the day I signed up to sacrifice my life to make a better life for people now, and for the future-"

"There is no future." Penny murmured, a dark undertone in her voice. "All of this is going to disappear one day. I don't want you to get hurt for something that's going to be here temporarily."

Harley looked at her mother-figure in shock yet grieved look. "I wish I could stop. But I'm already too far." Harley rose from her seat and grabbed her skateboard. "I'm sorry it has to be this way. But being spider woman is the only thing I have."

Harley embraced penny before backing away. "I'll see you later, Ms. Wadsworth." Harley snickered before running away.

"You know I hate that name!" Penny shouted with a smile.

[EDITED]