𝐇𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐘

"I belong with you, you belong with me and my sweetheart

"I belong with you, you belong with me and my sweetheart."

[COUNTDOWN]
THREE MONTHS BEFORE—

——— (There is an added part to this chapter, please look for this symbol(the three lines.)

7:30 p.m. Harley's room

Harley sat down on her bed and stared outside the window. She observed every intricate detail of what's going on just outside her bedroom. The rain pattered against the window, small droplets cascading down. The drab clouds released copious amounts of water, trickling down the sewers.

The storm would pass.

Harley pondered the argument she had with Miguel. Attempting to process what just happened. Harley was aware of the explosive nature of their relationship. She just didn't know when it would finally explode.

Harley couldn't figure out what made Miguel explode. Was Miguel upset because she teased him the whole year she worked there? Was he offended by her mere presence? What went wrong? Her mind raced with inquiries at a thousand miles per hour.

"You're a liability."

Was she? Did she bring no value to him? After all the time, she continued to break down Miguel's walls, only to be built up again. She felt as if his walls were made out of titanium.

The word liability made her struggle internally.

She hated being useless ever since she was little.

Harley sighed, stopped thinking about him, and continued to gaze out the window. Her wristband's alarm suddenly rang. Harley's eyes darted towards it and examined the percentage.

—Body inspection: sixty-eight percent coverage, two percent increase.
Symptoms: low blood pressure, fatigue. (No injection is needed; regulated.)—

She rolled her eyes; she couldn't care less.

———She glitched again and sucked in a deep breath from the pain. Miguel really needed to fix her watch or make a better one. She used the palm of her hand and smacked the wristband multiple times. She watched it lag a bit before returning to normal.

She didn't have to call Miguel after all thank fuck for that. But next time, she would ask him many questions. Many, many questions.

At the corner of her eye, movement was detected. Her head spun around to check what it was, only to see her pile of laundry. Harley raised her eyebrow before shaking her head; she must be hallucinating.