𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒

"You take my head and then drag me head first, fearless

"You take my head and then drag me head first, fearless."

Three Months Later

Entering Miguel's office, Harley was prepared to annoy him as usual. She noticed him with his head in his hands while he sat on a chair. His hair unusually unkept and his body tensed more than usual. Harley raised an eyebrow and shot herself up to the platform.

Miguel swayed back and forth while whispering a few sentences. Sweat beads trickling down his neck. His eyes widened as he felt a hand abruptly land on his shoulder. His hands launching and gripping the wrist tightly.

Harley let out a gasp at the firm hold. If she hadn't torn her hand out of the death trap—his hand,—there would've been bruises on her wrists. "Miguel, you okay?"

"Grab it." Miguel muttered, immobile. His surroundings were overstimulating his senses. It was silent at the moment, from hundreds of feet away, you could hear a pin drop.

"Huh?" Harley glanced around, perplexed. "Grab what?"

Miguel moved his hand shakily and gestured to the injection gun and serum in the desk's corner. Harley's eyes grew wide once she finally realized what he was talking about. Cautiously, the blonde inserted the serum into the gun after grabbing it.

Although, she almost dropped the glass bottle a couple of times.

Harley grabbed the gun and quietly walked closer, not to agitate him any further. "Um—I'm gonna assume it's your shoulder. Yeah—your shoulder. Okay. Ready?"

Miguel nodded his head as she placed the the gun toward his shoulder. She scanned his exposed skin and noticed a few freckles,—almost distracted from what she actually had to do—Harley sighed before pulling the trigger.

Miguel made a grunt as the serum moved through his body. Harley brushed some sweaty strands of hair away from his forehead. "How you doing, boss?"

The man gave her a hard stare before his eyes softened. Then his hands found her waist and drew her in for a hug. Harley ran her fingers through his damp hair, something she had never done before.

"Migs?"

Miguel shook her off and kept his head on her abdomen.  Suddenly Lyla popped up. She was sitting in a chair, her legs dangling over the left arm rest.

"What are you two doing~"Lyla sang teasingly, lifting her heart shaped glasses from her eyes.
Miguel shoved Harley out of the way immediately. Shocked, the girl let out a shriek and collapsed on the ground. Her face hidden by her golden hair.

She plucked the blond hair from her face and spat the hair out of her lips. "I fucking knew it..." She gave an angry grumble, got up, and picked herself up