𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍

"Take on me, take me on

"Take on me, take me on."

Harley landed on her feet. She moved away from the axe the giant man had. Although she was getting exhausted, she wasn't about to get killed. She used her webs and threw a car at him, which he dodged.

"Damn it, he's good." She mumbled to herself as she wiped some rubble of her suit. A few tears and holes on her suit. The man chucked the axe at her. She used her web to latch onto the weapon before hurling it back to him. Cutting off the guards arm.

Harley's eyes widened and placed her hands on top of her mouth.. That wasn't supposed to happen. Her hand covering her mouth in shock. She just knew the man was pissed. "I'm so sorry! That wasn't supposed to happen. I really didn't mean to cut your arm off."

She suddenly felt a sharp pain in her stomach. A small axe lodged onto her stomach.

"That hurt!" She shouted before glitching badly. She felt as though she was on fire, as if thousands on needles pricked her body. Harley felt nauseous and wanted to almost throw up. She fell on her knees before trying to crawl away. She attempted to crawl away only for her collapse on the floor. The glitching hurt badly.

The axe was supposed to hit her until a certain theme song played in the background, or maybe it was her being delusional. A large hand smashed against the man's face as a dark blue suit came into her vision.

She sighed in relief. Harley thought she was about to be killed right there and then.

"You should really be more careful." A teasing voice snapped her out of her trance. She looked up at Miguel who reached his hand out for her. Harley looked towards the ground a couple of strands of blonde hair covered her face, as if it was to mask her embarrassment of getting pummeled.

Harley then looked up at Miguel and mumbled. "I can't get up..."

"What?"

"I said, I can't get up." She said it louder this time.

Miguel sighed and picked her up. She laid her head on his chest almost succumbing to darkness. He noticed a part of her masked was chipped off and made sure to make a new one.

"I'm good I can walk now." Harley stubbornly commented, refusing help from the man she hated. "Just go to sleep we'll talk about this later." Miguel replied, avoiding an argument. His only mission was to get the blonde to the hospital.

Harley immediately when to sleep.

Harley finally woke up after a full day of sleeping in. She yawned and sat up stretching her sore muscles and popping her joints. Harley looked around and noticed she wasn't in her house. She looked at the sunlight beaming through the hospital window.

Harley looked at the heart rate monitor to her side and sighed. "I did it again...I did it again." She forcefully slammed her head onto the pillow before groaning in pain. Always getting tired of being hurt. The door opened and in came Jessica.

Jessica sat next to the young girl who laid in bed. "You need to be careful."

"I am." Harley responded a pout on her face.

"And yet you're in the hospital." Jessica sighed and gave her a cup of water to the girl, who chugged the water right away. Her throat feeling like sand paper. "You should really stop putting yourself in danger." Jessica said. "It's not good for your body to handle this stress every single day."

"Im spider-woman. It's my job."

"It may be your job, but your well-being comes first."

"My well-being doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if I die I'm replaceable."

"Not to your father, you're not. Not to your uncle. Not to your friends. Not even to Miguel." The woman stated a slight smile planted on her face. An attempt to confuse the girl to take it easy and rest for a week or two.

Harley raised an eyebrow, confused why Miguel would care for her well-being. All they did was argue and had conflicts through out her job. "Huh? Why Miguel?"

"Wether he likes it or not, he likes you. He may not not it yet but he definitely likes you." She stated confidently a smug smile on her face.

"Yeah right." Harley scoffed and looked outside the window. A sunny day, white clouds slowly moving through the blue sky as birds flew. Harley looked outside the window to calm herself door. "He argues with me—and for what...nothing! Absolute nothing!"

"I know you're angry at him but he argues with you because he cares. He cares about you a lot. He doesn't need another person he cares dying on him."

Harley peeled her eyes off the window and looked at her. Jessica's eyes told the truth and yet the young woman didn't want to believe her. She didn't want to believe a man cold as Miguel cared for her.

"Do you always defend him?"

"What?"

"When I say, he argues with me and always have to say something I do. I can't get a damn break—and then you say he cares about me. What kind of lame ass excuse is that."

"Harley. I mean if he cares."

"I'll believe it when I see it." She argued.

Jessica sighed.

Harley was too stubborn for her good.

"One day you'll see it Harley." Jessica added and walked away.

"How is she?" Miguel asked as he swiped through hologram or videos."Why do you ask?" Jessica asked a smirk on her face. Miguel rolled his eyes at Jessica who teased him even more. "How is she?"

"She's doing just fine."Jessica said a smile on her face.

"Good."

"You know Miguel. One day or another you should admit your feelings."

Miguel glared at the woman who raised her hands, surrendering. Jessica lowered her arms. "I'm just saying."

Miguel rolled his eyes once more before looking at the videos. Jessica sighed and crossed her arms. "You know...you should be nicer to her." Miguel froze and carefully listened to Jessica.

"Try not to be harsh on her."

"I'm her boss."

"Yes but she's also a person, treat her like one." Jess commented before walking away, leaving the man in isolation. He gripped the edges of his desk, his knuckles turning white. His eyes moved to the hologram to blonde woman again.

He stared at her lips for a while before looking away, flustered. It was as if his eyes instinctively moved to the picture of her. He didn't understand why he cared for the woman so much, and he was determined to find out.

[EDITED]