[𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑] 𝐁𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀

"It was the same damn thing that made my heart surrender

"It was the same damn thing that made my heart surrender."
ᴿᵉᵐᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ: ᴴᵃʳˡᵉʸ'ˢ ᵐᶦᵈᵈˡᵉᵃᵐᵉ ᶦˢ ᶜʰᵃʳˡᵒᵗᵗᵉ, ʷʰᶦᶜʰ ʳᵉᶠᵉʳˢ ᵗᵒ ᶜʰᵃʳˡᶦᵉ.

December 1st, 1996

Angelia and Ben stood at a funeral as more guests surrounded them. The snow delicately laid against the floor. A strong breeze engulfs the guests. Angelia and Ben glance at each other for a split second, both impatient to leave. It may sound horrible, but they could honestly care less about who's in the coffin. They didn't know them personally. They were there to comfort a friend.

Angelia's friend came up and hugged her tightly. "Thanks for coming."

"No problem." Angelia murmured. "I'm really sorry."

"It's not your fault." Her friend sadly smiled, and then suddenly heard her name being called. "I have to go now."

Angelia nodded as she watched her friend walk away.

"You smell wonderful."

"Ben, we're at a funeral."

"You smell wonderful at this funeral."

Angelia rolled her eyes and gently slapped his chest. The man smirked and looked away from her. He gently grasped her hands and intertwined them.

The funeral went on for an hour more until they could finally leave. His hand tightly grabbed hers to ensure she wouldn't slip and fall. Angelia sighed loudly, "Ben, I'm not going to fall. I'll be fine—"

She spoke too soon and slipped on the frozen ground. Ben caught her just in time. His arms surrounded her waist. He had a smug smirk on his face. "You were saying."

"Shut up." She scowled and stood back up. Angelia kissed Ben's cheek as a thank-you for helping her. His cheeks turned a subtle red, and his hand squeezed her waist.

"By the way." Angelia started maneuvering over a tree branch. "Did you make sure to pack the elephant-stuffed animal in the bag?"

"I thought you did it."

"Ben...are you—you serious?"