𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know how

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know how."

Miguel slammed his hands onto the monitor aggressively, almost destroying it. He ran his hands through his hair multiple times, wondering how one person could eliminate the multiverse.  He had to figure out a way to stop this, or it would jeopardize everything he had worked for.

Most importantly, the girl with whom he had been in love for years.

"Miguel." A gentle voice called out.

Miguel turned around to see his girlfriend holding two mugs filled with coffee. He slightly relaxed and breathed deeply. "Harley. When did you get here?"

"I just wanted to bring you some coffee." Harley said this before looking at him up and down. She could tell his eyes were redder than usual. His hair was unusually unkempt. She could even see a bead of sweat trickling down the side of his face. "You okay? You look like you got hit by a bus."

"Yeah, I'm fine." Miguel denied what he currently feels.

"Yeah, sure, and I just didn't see you acting like a feral dog right now." She murmured sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. 

"Don't call me that."

"Whatever." Harley shrugged, finally giving him the cup of coffee. "But like—what are you actually stressed about?"

"This one kid." Miguel turned around and began staring at the monitors again. "This kid can destroy the whole multiverse, and there's this spot thing I have to take care of! I don't know what it's made of or why it looks like that! "

"Woah, woah, calm down." Harley gently placed the mug on the floor before grasping his arms. "So, you're worried about a teenager destroying the multiverse? Miguel, why's it such a big deal? You can stop him easily, right?"

"Right, but—"

"Then why stress about it?"

Miguel silently agreed before hugging the girl tightly. He then whispered. "I'm gonna catch him."

Harley raised an eyebrow at the phrasing before brushing it aside. "I know you will."

Harley wasn't even going to ask about the spot thing.

CHELSEA, N.Y. OF EARTH-65

Let's do things differently this time. Like, so differently.

The beating of drums echoed throughout the auditorium.

His name is Miles Morales. He was bitten by a radioactive spider, and he's not the only one. He hasn't always had it easy, and he's not the only one. Now he's on his own, and he's not the only one. You think you know the rest, but you don't. I thought I knew the rest, but I didn't. I didn't want to hurt him, but I did, and he's not the only one.

The beat of drums intensified as Gwen continued to drum. Her emotions are getting the best of her as her arms move vigorously. She wondered why things didn't go differently. Everyone couldn't get their happy ending.