𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐘

"It goes Halle Berry or Hallelujah

"It goes Halle Berry or Hallelujah. Pick your poison tell me what you do."

"OH SHIT!" Harley slammed into the wall, a huge crack in the wall. She can feel blood oozing from her cheek and forehead. "Damn it!" She groaned standing up. She and a monster were currently having a showdown in an abandoned hospital.

She attempted to punch it, only for her to be thrown down by one of the tentacles. She groaned in pain before rising to her feet. She hid behind a wall and took her mask off to quickly wipe the blood that was about to get into her eyes.

The girl put her black mask on and cracked her knuckles. She stared at the monster down but was utterly confused as to why there was a large octopus in an abandoned hospital. Weren't Octopuses supposed to be in the sea?

Crawling up on the ceiling quietly, she hoped to escape the room undetected, but mostly impossible due to its super sensitive hearing. The octopus and Harley made eye contact, one smugly and the other in shock.

Harley swung away and into the hallway. The octopus quickly made its way towards her, emitting frightening sounds from its mouth. Harley's eyes darted everywhere finding anything that would be useful.

She thought of electrocuting it, but the octopus could possibly super-charge itself and become powerful. It would be disastrous and could create a larger challenge. Her hand grabbed a piece of rubble and threw it at the monster.

The monster screeched in pain as it landed on its eye. Shit, she just made the oversized octopus angrier. Harley scoffed to herself. "Nice job, Harley. You screwed yourself over."

She saw an IV pole, her eyes sparkling with an idea. The pole was long enough to keep the monster away from her and it was durable to beat the octopus. She swiftly gripped the pole turned the corner and secretly hid in a dark corner.

At the edge of her eye, she saw it. Immediately she smacked it. The octopus caught off guard howled in pain. She smacked it over and over again, from different angles. Not letting it have a chance to recover.

She and the octopus was suddenly blinded by a couple of orange portals. The monster was then wrapped with a red web. Four figures came up to her. Well, three adults and one small one.

Harley glared at the man who trapped the octopus. "Dude, what the hell?! I was winning!"

The man in the dark blue suit ignored her. A lady came up to her and smiled. "Don't worry about him. He's always like that."

"Yeah, Miguel is always like that. I don't think I've ever seen him smile once."

Miguel glared at his coworkers as Harley stared at them in confusion. "Who even are you guys?" She asked confusingly before she glared at Miguel and pointed at him. "What the hell man?! I was winning against that--that thing. I don't even know--why isn't that thing in the sea?! It's a literal octopus."

"Woah, kid." Miguel approached her with a hand up in the air. The hand that was up was telling her to be quiet. "That's not just an octopus, it's an anomaly."

"A what?"

"An anomaly. Anomalies can destroy different universes. The one you were fighting isn't even supposed to be in your universe."

"And... I'm supposed to believe you cause...why?" Harley commented sarcastically.

"Give her the formal introduction." The lady said.

"Woah, wait!--and you two are?"

"I'm Jessica, call me Jess." She then nodded her head towards the man and the baby. "That's Peter and the baby is Mayday."

"Isn't it dangerous for the baby to come on missions?" Harley asked, kind of questioning his parenting methods. Miguel clicked his tongue impatiently. "Look. My name is Miguel O'Hara." He introduced dramatically; the girl gave him a blank expression. "I lead an elite strike force dedicated to the security of the multiverse."

Still, the girl gave him a blank expression. "That sounds...stupid."

Miguel glared at the girl and was about to say something;until Peter stopped him.

"No, not stupid as in saving the multiverse stupid. I'm saying how you said it, was stupid." She snickered a bit. "I mean, you were dramatic."

Miguel didn't even have a response to that and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Not wrong." Peter said as Mayday giggled goofily.

"I'm gonna go." Harley said, walking away. She no longer wished to be near them. Jessica stared at the young girl, thinking of letting her go. "Wait!" Jessica shouted. Harley halted her steps. She turned around in confusion.

"If you want to join our team come see us here at the rooftop--"

"What are you doing." Miguel angrily interfered. He didn't want someone as rude as her to join in. He already thought of her as arrogant. Her being near him would only cause his stress level to increase.

"Trust." Jessica said to him before turning and looking at the girl once more. "Meet me at the rooftop at three. No earlier, no later." Jessica stated before opening a portal and walking in. Ben waved goodbye to the blond, as Miguel ignored her and stomped into his portal, upset.

She realized that Miguel kind of acted like a toddler.

Harley huffed before swinging away towards her house, as she swung, she contemplated her decision to join the strike force. Although she didn't want to leave her dad alone, she had a job to do.

Her relaxed manner was dropped when she remembered something. She forgot to call her dad after the mission, and she promised she would be home by 9:30 at night. It was now 10:00. He was going to be upset and she couldn't help but cringe at the horrid scolding she would get from her father.

She would have to see what happens, when she gets home.

Harley wouldn't like to admit it, but she knew she was screwed and would probably be grounded for the next couple of days. The rule was, that she lived under his house, and he gets to decide when she's grounded, although the girl was an adult.

Harley could imagine his menacing glare.

She shivered in fear.

[EDITED]