𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒

"Let the light in

"Let the light in. At your back door yelling 'cause I wanna come in."

Two months pass, and nothing has changed. It was still the same agonizing day. The mutation, although getting worse, has slowed down in spreading across her body. At this point, she was so used to the body pains that they no longer bothered her.

The 24-year-old watched as Miguel walked back and forth, talking to Harley about something. She stared off into space until her fingers were snapping in her face. She scrunched her face in annoyance and swatted his hand away.

Harley and Miguel were civil to each other—for now—but they still bantered about small things. Miguel rolled his eyes. "I need you listening. We have to go capture an anomaly on Earth-187."

"Uh—okay," Harley murmured before opening up the orange portal and pointing at it. "Let's go then."

"We need to have a plan."

"When did our plans ever work?" Harley deadpanned, rubbing her eyes, emotionally and physically tired. Every plan the two made was always screwed over. Miguel sighed and rolled his eyes, although she had a point. "Look, we still need it. We can't just go in and capture him."

Harley rolled her eyes and walked inside the portal. Miguel glared at her before putting his mask on. He said nothing but followed after her.

They swung through the city gracefully. The two turned a corner, almost bumping into each other. She swung towards the ground to save a nearby lady who was getting her purse stolen.

Harley propelled herself to the air again and attempted to catch up to the male, who was a good thirty feet away from her. Harley avoided poles and phone lines. She eventually caught up to him.

"You're slow." Miguel commented, turning the corner. Harley furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. The man, clearly seeing her confusion, rolled his eyes. "You're mutation. It's slowing your body down more than usual."

"I can't do anything about that, now can I?" She murmured, leaping over a rooftop.

"I need to conduct more tests to slow down the mutation."

"But I hate tests." The blond whined in distaste, hating the image of needles poking her hundreds of times. At this point, she was the average pin cushion. Harley also hated the continuous beeping from the machines that scanned her brain activity.

"We don't have much of a choice. It's either that or let it kill you faster, and you don't decide whether to do the test or not. It's a requirement. Don't try to get out of it."

Harley groaned, tilting her head back in aggravation. Not speaking at the moment. Miguel raised his eyebrow; she always talked back, and she was oddly quiet. Weird. Suddenly, the two felt a heavy pressure on their bodies. The two-spider people crashed into multiple buildings before they eventually landed on a nearby roof.