𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐒

"Heart to heart

"Heart to heart."

It was a normal day for Harley Rider. Well, she thought it was. As the girl was sleeping, the sounds of birds woke her up. The blond groaned in misery. She didn't want to wake up. The door suddenly slammed open, and heavy footsteps entered her room. "Wake up, you sack of potatoes."

"Leave me alone! She whined before scowling at the sudden bright light; He had opened the curtains. He laughed before slowly walking out of the room, clearly having fun with his antics.

"I can't even get a good night's sleep." She complained, her platinum blonde hair tussling. She wiped the drool off her chin before walking downstairs. She still had her eyes half-closed.

CLANK.

The girl jumped awake and glared at her father, who was holding two pots. Ben grinned and pointed at the breakfast on the table.

"Thanks," Harley muttered as she poured herself an orange juice, her dad joining her at the table. "Why are you in a good mood anyway? You're never like this."

"Excuse me. I'm always like this."

"Hmm. Probably an extra shot of an expresso." She muttered to herself and shoveled some scrambled eggs in her mouth. Her blue eyes flickered over to the bacon before she grabbed a few pieces.

Ben rolled his eyes at the idea. There wasn't a particular reason why he was in a good mood; he just was. "How's Spider Woman's business?"

"You know, the same old." She muttered before shooting a web at the kitchen counter and grabbing a banana. "Is that necessary? Ben asked, amused.

"Yes, it is. You would do it too if you had any powers."

"Hey, raising you is a superpower. He grumbled and drank some coffee.

"Mhm." She hummed before her body suddenly glitched. She spit out some of her orange juice as she screamed in pain and collapsed onto the floor. She was in her dimension; why was she glitching? That didn't make sense.

Ben's eyes widened, and his overprotective nature came into play. He immediately shot up from his seat and began comforting his daughter, who was still hunched over in agony.

"I'm okay. I-I'm okay." She mumbled as she grasped the sleeve of her father's shirt. Ben scooped his daughter up in his arms and laid her on the couch. She groaned in pain once again at the impact of the couch.

"What happened?" Ben asked. He had never seen her like this in his life and that terrified him. "How would I know." Harley muttered as she closed her eyes.

"Harley how often does it happen."

"Once every day, worst is two...it's been happening the past week."