𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓

"Another year over, a new one just begun

"Another year over, a new one just begun."

[COUNTDOWN]
SIX AND A HALF MONTHS BEFORE—

"Yesterday was awkward." Harley murmured as she swung one leg back and forth off the cliff next to the seashore. This time the water was oddly calm, with only a few ripples and currents present. Her blonde hair was flowing through the wind. She tapped on a water bottle filled with orange juice as she waited for his response.

"Let's not talk about it." Miguel replied, staring out into the distance, admiring the blue sky. His unusual tussled hair was flowing through the wind as the aroma of salt infiltrated his sinuses. He took a sip of water from the bottle before placing it on the ground.

Miguel promised himself he would never do that with Harley again. He felt as if their relationship was moving too fast and needed time to process it. He knew he longed for this relationship again, but he was afraid of losing it quickly.

She just shrugged and didn't push him, wanting to enjoy the peace and quiet that remained at the moment. Blond strands of hair blew into her mouth. She scrunched her face in annoyance, began spitting it out, and brushed the hair out of the way.

Miguel took notice of this and pulled out a few hair clips from his jacket. The hair clips were purple, with small, intricate daisy patterns engraved on them. He moved the strands backwards and clipped them. Harley is finally enjoying the sea without her hair. I'm her face.

"Thanks." She hummed, sipping on her orange juice.

Miguel held out a hand and waited for her to grab it. The woman raised an eyebrow before accepting. The two carefully walked down the stairs, making it to the beach.

Her foot caught onto a rock, tripping over it. She squealed in shock. "Shit!"

Miguel let out a small chuckle.

Harley glared at him and rolled her eyes, giving him the silent treatment. Miguel shrugged; he knew she would get over it soon. She suddenly shoved him with all her strength, attempting to push him over, only to fail. "Damn, you're heavy."

"I'm not heavy; I'm muscular."

"You're built like a Dorito."

"I take offense to that, by the way."

"It was supposed to be."

"You little—" He threw her over his shoulder and ran towards her. Harley screamed in fright. She wasn't ready for the frigid waters that were about to consume her. Harley pounded her fist on his back. "Let me go, you asshole!"