𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐄

"Your soul is haunting me and telling me everything is fine, but I wish I was dead

but I wish I was dead."

[COUNTDOWN]
ONE MONTH BEFORE—

(Very, very, very, long chapter ahead.
Take breaks when needed :))

Harley felt as though something went right. After all those months of suffering, whether mentally or physically, something had gone right. She only hoped it would last long enough. Harley tightened her grasp around Miguel's body and planted her face into his chest.

Miguel's hand went to the back of her head, the other to the waist. His head was planted on top of her head. The office was in utter silence, except for their breathing and the beating of their hearts.

It was only a month of dating, and the two were cozying up to each other.

"Migs." Harley murmured, her voice muffled from his chest.

"Hmm?" he replied.

"You're an asshole." Harley paused, and a small smile creeped up on her face. "You're lucky you're cute."

"Did you only forgive me for my looks?"

"Maybe." She joked. Harley lifted her head up and stood on her tiptoes. She kissed him on the lips gently. Miguel's hand cupped her face and he adjusted his head to deepen the kiss.

"Harley." Miguel slowly pulled away from the kiss, seeing a confused face from the girl. "Your looks make up for the loss of brain cells."

"Thanks for the insult." She commented sarcastically and blew a strand of hair away from her face, only for it to fall back on her face. Miguel smirked before moving his hand to push away the blonde lock before kissing her on the lips again.

"I was right!"

The two abruptly retreated from each other and glanced at the source of the voice. It was Peter who grinned widely at them. He then made a grabby hand toward Jess. "Give me the money, Jess. I was right."

"Yeah, whatever." Jessica rolled her eyes before shoving a few bucks in his hand.

"You bet on us?" Harley asked the two who was guilty as charged.

"I mean—yeah? I mean, how could we not?" Peter threw both hands into the air. His arm swung around the blonde's shoulders, and then he whispered. "Are you absolutely-positively sure you want to be with him? You know you can't go back, right?"