𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏

"I've been the archer, I've been the prey

"I've been the archer, I've been the prey."

[COUNTDOWN]
FIVE MONTHS BEFORE—

(I'm so sorry. I mixed up the names between Peter and Ben.
Don't ask how, I just do it. The last part where Jessica and Miguel are interacting. It was supposed to say Peter.🥲)

Harley who laid on the bed groaned from the sunlight beaming through the window. She attempted to sit up only to lay back down from the pain. Her muscles aching and her body was stiff. She looked around the room to realize she was in the hospital of the HQ.

She looked at the IV stuck in her arm that was filled with all the nutrients she needed. Another IV stuck in her arm filled with purple fluid to keep her mutation in control.

She then glanced at the heart rate monitor that showed her steady heartbeat. Underneath showed how much the mutation has converted her body. It was still the same luckily.

Harley glanced down her arm to see purple veins slowly crawling up her arm. The thin lines represented a lightning bolt pattern. She sighed nervously, Miguel definitively know about them now. She had attempted to conceal it for a while.

A robot suddenly came to her assistance. "You have woken up. Would you like some food or water to keep you occupied?"

"Just a water please." Harley answered, before coughing aggressively, her dry throat getting to her now. Harley clawed at her throat, eyes watering. The robot hurried off to the water dispenser in the room and filled the cup with water.

The robot handed her the cup.

The blonde immediately drank the contents and sighed in relief after.

The door abruptly open to see the man she hasn't seen for a month and a half. Miguel slowly approached her, scared to frighten her. He gradually dropped to his knees, his arms engulfed her waist and buried his face into her stomach.

Harley smirked and patted his head. "I missed you too big guy."

Miguel lifted his head. "Why would you do that?"

"Do what?"

Miguel took a sharp breath. "Nothing."

Miguel stood up quickly, realizing how vulnerable he was being and began walking towards the exit. "You know how to call me. Tell me how you feel so I can let you out here. The robots will take care of you."