𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒

"She was sunshine, he was midnight rain

"She was sunshine, he was midnight rain."

——— (There is an added part to this chapter, please look for this symbol(the three lines.)

12:00 am

Harley's life has been a series of ups and downs, avoiding a multitude of obstacles. She received various joyful moments, although she had many excruciatingly painful moments.

Never in her twenty-three years of living would she've thought that her body would be infected by a virulent mutation. Not only had it deteriorated her body slowly, but it also formulated an abundance of symptoms.

The woman was glad that Miguel had guided her through the agonizing stages of the mutation. It was a relief to hear the news that the symptoms were manageable now. It was no longer violent and had calmed down. Unfortunately, the disease still remained throughout her body.

Harley checked her AI wristband and examined the spread of her disease.

—body inspection: sixty percent coverage, two percent increase.
Symptoms: mild coughs, sneezing, and exhaustion.—

She sighed and walked on the roof of an apartment complex, a strong breeze weaving through her hair. She then gripped her chest, a violent cough ripping through her throat. The girl, defeated, sat on the floor and popped a knee up to rest her elbow on it.

"What are you doing up here?"

Harley heard a voice ask, and she turned around to see who it was. Miguel stood in front of her. Unlike his normal attire of wearing only his spider suit, he has chosen to wear dark blue jeans and a white shirt. The shirt was a little tight on his body, revealing his muscles.

"Why are you in my universe?" Harley asked him, her feet dangling off the edge of the apartment. Miguel thought about it for a second before shrugging. "Good point."

"Why are you dressed like that?" Harley asked him, looking up and down his body.

"Like what?"

"Like a normal person, you usually wear your suit."

"Just because I'm Spider-Man doesn't mean I have to wear that suit every day of my life." Miguel sighed and moved a strand of hair out of his face. Harley glanced at Miguel, who was already staring at her. "You also didn't answer my question, bug-boy. Why are you here?"

"I wanted to."

"No reason?"

"No."