𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞)

"Is it better to speak or to die?"

(Warning: SUPER LONG CHAPTER AND SUPER BAD GRAMMAR.)

Harley landed on the ground with a thud. She groaned in pain before scrambling onto her feet. She looked around her, confused. It was a true dystopian city around her. Skyscrapers filled with small and enormous cracks, crumbling as the debris landed on the ground.

Sewer pipes were laid haphazardly as a mysterious liquid spread. Sounds of beeping cars, machines, and wires that are snapped in half crackling with electricity. Vines are heavily filling the wall, nature taking back its rightful place. The atmosphere was filled with fog, dimming the sun's light.

"What the fuck?" She murmured, scoping the area out. She walked across a large bridge and jumped back when a large flower pot fell in front of her. She looked up to see a balcony completely destroyed. Flower pots and watering cans fall with it.

She looked back down again before continuing her walk, picking up a random gadget on the way.

"Welcome." A voice stopped her in her tracks.

Slowly turning around, Harley was met face-to-face with her mother.

"Angelia." She greeted her, at first debating whether to call her by her first name or mom. Her mom was levitating in the air, giving her a taunting smile before lowering herself to the ground.

"You won't even call me mom." Angelia teased.

"You're not my mom." Harley commented grimly. "And I don't know what games you went to play; I don't want to."

"Too bad, you have to. You owe me."

"I don't owe you shit."

"You've always owed me. I gave birth to you."

"You didn't give birth to me. You didn't give birth to me in my universe." Harley was already tired of speaking to her, knowing it was going to end in a large argument.

"Fine, but you owe me for ruining my life."

"For the love of!" Harley shouted and threw the gadget on the floor, which shattered into pieces. She threw her hands into the air. "Stop saying I ruined your life! I didn't! I'm not from your dimension! I didn't even know this dimension existed!"

Angelia stood back in shock, never expecting the girl to blow up.

"Why the fuck would I try and harm people, huh?! And if I did, it wasn't on purpose! So would you please stop?"

"Done with your outburst." Angelia collected herself but was still offended by what she said.

"Yes." Harley replied, calming down. "Now, what would you like to say?"

"You killed everyone in my city, and I know how. When you were a baby, your parents took you to the park. You were eating flowers from the ground, and apparently you ate blood saffron."

"A what?"

"A blood saffron. That's a flower. After months of research, I discovered it gives people genetic mutations." Angelia sighed and clenched her fist. "And that mutation turns into an infectious disease—well, not usually an infectious disease. Harley, your mutation can basically cause a zombie apocalypse. It happened in my universe. Who says it can't happen in others?"

"First question: how do you know I ate flowers when I was a baby?"

"It's a canon event. In every universe, you are always meant to eat a flower that causes a mutation. But once again, all this time, the mutation wasn't infectious; the multiverse was lucky. But not now. The flower you ate. It did some awful things to people. Because of your carelessness in traveling through different universes, you infected and killed people."

Angelica took a shaky sigh. "You killed people. My people. I have to kill you to stop any more harm."

Harley stood still with a blank expression, trying to comprehend the information. "Look if I'd known. I wouldn't have done it. You know that."

"You don't even apologize; of course you don't."

"I'm sorry for what I did." Harley apologized.

"Not enough." Angelia floated into the air, dark purple magic flowing around her. "Now let's end this."

Harley backed away slowly, in fear. "Wow! Wait a minute! I'm just a spider-person thing. You're a magical witch. How is this fair?!"

"Tough." Angelia shot a beam of purple light out of her palm, leaving a crater on the cement. Harley jumped out of the way and looked up at the woman, formulating ideas on how to get out of the situation.

Harley webbed a chunk of concrete and threw it at Angelia, who only stopped it with the palm of her hand. The concrete floated into the air and was obliterated into a fine powder.

Harley grimaced at that before sprinting to avoid the purple lasers that shot her way. She ran across the wall of a skyscraper until she was at Angelina's height.

Harley jumped off the wall, trying to reach Angelia, who used the palm of her hand to stop her. Harley floated in the air until Angelia gave her a smug smile and launched the blonde into an office building. .

Harley groaned in pain, clutching her stomach with one hand while the other assisted her in getting up.

Harley hid behind the cubicles, crawling her way through. The blonde grabbed a stapler from a nearby desk and got close to a broken window, hiding behind the lingering smoke of destroyed concrete. She threw the stapler, aiming for the metal roof of a restaurant.

The stapler smacked against the metal roof. Angelia turned to see what the thing was, becoming distracted. Until something splattered into her face, burning her eyes. She screamed in pain, holding her face.

Harley smirked as her gadget worked. It was a ball filled with ingredients similar to pepper spray, but only stronger. This was her chance; she rapidly got outside and launched herself at Angelia, who finally received her vision back. At the corner of her eye, she saw Harley crashing towards her.

Angelia's eyes widened as she was tackled through multiple cement walls. She cursed loudly from pain and stood quickly back onto her feet. Angelia, disoriented but still alert, placed her arms out to find a wall to stop herself from falling to the ground.

Harley had disappeared into the smoke, and Angelia struggled to find her. Suddenly movement. A body has jumped towards Angelia.

Out of pure luck. Angelia lifted her hand and levitated the blonde into the air. Harley moved her body vigorously, struggling to get out of her grasp. Angelia aimed her other hand to shoot a laser beam into the girl's abdomen. Harley's arm reached to the side, attempting to grab a steel panel.

Harley finally grabbed it and brought it in front of her abdomen. The lazer ricocheted off the steel panel, shattering into ten pieces. The beam landed on the ground, creating a large explosion and launching both women away from each other.

One crashing onto the ground and the other crashing into a car.

Harley struggled to breathe. The difficulty of breathing was due to temporary paralysis of the diaphragm. After that subdued she pulled herself out of the car. She wiped the dust off of her face and looked towards the sky to see Angelia seething. Her face was red, her hair was a mess, and her eyes were bloodshot.

A sudden earthquake was created, then another one. Multiple earthquakes shattering the road she stood on, slowly falling apart. She crouched down and clung onto a nearby car to keep her stable.