𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍

"So let me be and I'll set you free

"So let me be and I'll set you free."

[COUNTDOWN]
EIGHT MONTHS BEFORE—

Harley stabbed a fork into the pie and removed a big piece. As soon as she opened her mouth to put it in her mouth, something grabbed the fork. Ben has taken both the fork and apple pie. "I think you had enough. You already ate a whole pie already."

"You're gonna take away my one favorite thing in the whole world. That's fucked up dad." She pouted at him and whined. The girl waited for him to return the apple pie, but to her dismay, he never did.

"Number one, don't curse. Number two, diabetes."

She sagged into her chair with a childlike huff. She sighed again, hoping to get her father's attention, but he gave her no response. He secretly put the apple pie deep into the refrigerator. But pointless because she would locate it by rummaging through the fridge.

"Stop acting like a baby, it's literally apple pie." Ben said to her while he wiped the last of the apple pie off her face with a napkin. "Have to wipe your face like a baby too, embarrassing."

With an exaggerated pout on her face, Harley withdrew from her dad and shook her head. Harley pulled away from her dad and shook her head, an over exaggerated frown on her face. "Damn dad. I see how it is."

"Harley—"

"No.no." Harley shook her head as she placed a hand on her chest. "Don't even—"

"Charlie." Ben sighed at his daughter's over dramatic persona. He should be used to it by now but it was a never ending treadmill with her.

The home phone suddenly rang. He walked to the kitchen counter and picked up the phone (Don't ask why it's at the kitchen). "Hello?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Ethan's voice blasted through the phone.

"What! I didn't do anything!"

"You told Penny I like her!"

"It's pretty fucking obvious dipshit."

"When I see you I'm going to—"

Ben hung up the phone and rolled his eyes. The phone rang once again. The man left it alone and sat with his daughter who had a raised eyebrow. "Did you actually tell Ms.Penny that Ethan likes her?"