CHAPTER 16

I waited for some time for Mon but she didn't come. Is she alright? She didn't come to fix my room today. It's fine though, the other house help can do that later. I have to get ready for work. I got dressed into my office attire and went downstairs. I didn't come down for breakfast because I wanted to get dressed first. I will only take few bites before leaving I said as I got to the dinning table. Aunt Dhom served me some food.

"Hope Grandma has eaten?" I asked Aunt Dhom

"Yes khun" she replied

"And others?" I asked while eating my food.

"Khun Sam didn't come down for breakfast and she already left without eating" she said.

"What about Mon?" I asked.

"She didn't join for breakfast as well" she simply said.

Now I'm worried. Is she okay? She didn't fix my room and didn't join for breakfast as well. What is happening? I can't possibly go to work like this without knowing she's okay.

"Get someone to fix my room" I told her after I had finished eating and I went to the quarters.

I knocked at Mon's door. It took her some minutes before she finally opened. She looks worn out as if she just woke up.

"Are you alright?" I asked her but she just nodded.

"I'm sorry I couldn't fix your room this morning...." She said smiling weakly.

"It's fine Mon." I replied. I was looking at her but she was looking down.

"Hey! are you sure you're okay?" I asked getting close to her but she suddenly moved back. Wait is that a hickey or a mosquito bite? I didn't quite see that clearly.

"Yeah I'm fine" she said bringing my attention back.

She's obviously not fine. She's distancing herself from me. Is she still angry that I kissed her again after telling me not to?

"Mon if it's about what happened..."

"No Khun Treenuch. I really don't wanna talk about that" she said.

I stood for some time, not knowing what else to say. I don't wish to continue pushing. If she's not telling me what the problem is, it only means she doesn't want to share it. I will respect that.

"I know you're not okay. But it's fine if you don't want to share it. I will see you when I come back from work. But make sure to take care of yourself okay?" I said and pat her head.

She smiled and got inside her room while I walk to where my car is. Kirk will be driving me to the office today and he's already inside the car waiting for me. As soon as I got in, he greeted me and we took off.

"Have you confessed to her already?" He suddenly asked out of nowhere.

He told me the day he explained everything, to confess my feelings to Mon. Thanks to him I was able to realize that all I am feeling for Mon is love. But I haven't been able to confess to mon because of some reasons. And one of them is to be sure Sam doesn't have feelings for her as well.

"Your silence means you haven't done that yet" he said.

Silence

"You still don't have the courage to do so?" He continued.

Courage is far from it. If I could gather all courage to kiss her, I can confess as well. But I'm scared that she may reject me. Plus, what if Sam loves her too?

"Why are you so quiet? Is everything okay?" He asked.

I let out a sigh and looked at him. Maybe I should tell him why I'm worried. I should tell him my suspicion.