CHAPTER 17

I have been in the garden admiring the flowers. They have become a part of me. No day that I don't talk to them. Khun Sam and Khun Treenuch are not yet back from work. I must confess I miss Khun Sam so much. I'm happy that she has her freedom back but the house feels so lonely without her. Her absence is driving me crazy. I let out a sigh of frustration and fell on the chair.

"I miss her" I murmured.

Does she miss me as well? Grandma said I should confess to her. What if she rejects me? Maybe all of her kisses were because the one she loves and obsessed with isn't close. Maybe she's just having fun with me. I mean she even brought home a girl. Do I still have to confess after knowing all these?

Gosh my phone Startled me. I checked to see who was calling.

"Nop again?" I said with my eyes wide opened.

This is like the 10th time he has called after that night. Why is he calling me often? Why does he keep asking to see me? I picked the call and after exchanging pleasantries..

"Mon I just want to see you please" he said

"I don't think I can...." I said while walking to the other side of the garden.

"Are you still avoiding me?" He cut me off immediately.

"No Nop...."

"I thought we are back as friends? Please Mon. Do this for me" he continued.

"Nop" I called weakly.

"Please" he pleaded.

I let out a sigh of frustration. He is so persistent. Why does he need to see me?

"Okay. I will see you next week." I said and he screamed excitedly over the phone.

I smiled and turned to go back to the chair. Nop was saying something but I didn't hear it because I was not paying attention. My attention is on this beautiful woman standing infront of me with her arms folded. She's keeping a poker face as well. Did I do something wrong?

"Khun Sam?" I called surprisingly.

When did she get here? There is no trace of happiness on her face. Did something happen?

"Who is Nop?" She finally asked.

"He's uhm. My childhood friend...." I said but it seems that made the situation worse because she just closed her eyes tightly as if she's calming herself down.

"You're here to take care of my grandma. Not to keep meeting with your childhood lovers" she said.

Yes I had been in love with Nop all my life but I don't know why that got me angry. Maybe because I don't like the idea of Khun Sam saying I have lovers.

"Shouldn't your work be your first priority? But you rather prefer meeting with your little lovers" She continued.

Now I'm so mad. I clenched my fist trying to calm myself but I couldn't. I hate that she thinks of me like this. Who amongst us has a lover? Who is obsessed with someone?

"It's not bad if I have a relationship. I mean you have a girlfriend so why can't I have also?" I finally voiced out.

I'm so shocked over my boldness. Did I really say that? Gosh I finally said what I have always wanted to say. To talk about her girlfriend.

"Excuse me?" She said looking all surprised

Okay now we are gonna pretend you don't know what I'm talking about? I rolled my eyes and started walking away. Yeah I know that's rude but I have had it all to my neck. She held me by the arm and drew me back.