Brave New World AU

Universe 0039

This universe is based on the book of the same name involving a dystopian world that looks like a utopian world on the surface.

It's a peaceful and stable world where the government controls everything in your life, even down to deciding prior to your birth what your role in society will be.

People aren't allowed to own anything or form relationships with each other.

Intimate relationships are forbidden and things like kisses and mating are taught to be treated as no different than a handshake, even preventing women from getting pregnant with children.

People are born through the use of collecting DNA or stem cells and developing the person in a machine.

In order to keep everyone from being depressed or out of control of their own emotions, they're encouraged to take some kind of pill or substance that makes them happy, though when the state deems your time and usefulness is up, someone will come and give you something to end your life.

The society is divided into a class system based on what you were given upon birth.

Alphas are the political leaders and get the best treatment while Betas are pretty much the scientists.

Gammas, Deltas and Epsilons are all different labor classes that get more simple minded as they go, unable to think for themselves.

There is a part of the world that's free from this control called the Savage Lands, though it's more of a third world country where the Mobians and humans there are a tourist attraction for those who come to see and mock what life used to be like with marriage, family and property.

If you think you're going in there expecting to be fighting robots or soldiers to be this world's Freedom Fighters, think again.

This government doesn't use violent means to put down rebellion since the majority of the entire population, including the labor classes, are conditioned from birth to love their controlled and safe lives in this world, choosing instead to use things like water guns to spray them and then offer to calmly talk it out with the one leading the whole thing.

In a way, this world is Sonic's True Worst Nightmare: a world where everyone willingly gave up their freedom for safety and stability.

————————————————————

Traveler Scenario

You wind up in either the big city or the Savage Lands as your first exposure to this world.

How will you handle this?

(You're free to bring Sonic from your universe here too)

————————————————————

Home Scenarios

1) You were born as one of the classes in the perfect society, all you know being your role and never questioning your life. One day, you get a rare chance to visit the Savage Land for a bit, soon seeing what life was like before your perfect one. Soon you see a Mobian that catches your eye and you stray from the tour for a bit to find them.

2) You were born in the Savage Land, one of the few people in the world to know what it's like to live a free and risky life filled with trial. One day, one of the visitors is curious about you and sneaks off to interact with you.

——————————————————————

Let's see how this goes.