80's AU

Universe 0070

Once again and for the final time, this is a reimagining of Sonic being in a universe stuck in a cultural era.

This time Mobius is stuck in a "Never Ending" version of the 80's, where movies, shows, arcade games and other forms of media still exist.

Though this universe also seems to be a cross between fantasy and science fiction too since both are what most of entertainment was made of at the time. (And it wouldn't make sense to deny Sonic his own adventure in this universe)

In this universe, characters from films like Secret of NIMH, American Tail, The Great Mouse Detective and whatever other 80's characters that were really small are now Mobians here.

Things like the Chaos Emeralds are considered powerful mystical items while there's also scientific things like laser swords.

Sonic stays his usual adventurous and heroic self, but like the 70's AU, he's given his own adopted mom, Mrs Brisby, who took him in sometime after several mouse Mobians and rat Mobians escaped a lab previously in Gerald Robotnik's possession.

Speaking of the NIMH rodents, Nicodemus is likely one of the only ones left alive aside from Abraham Tower that remembers Shadow 50 years ago prior to the incident.

(Gerald was actually trying to improve their physical and mental abilities without anything torture or cruel, but the attack on the Ark happened and he lost possession of the lab he was working on the rodents at, leaving only a brutal scientist to run it and cause the test subjects to flee)

Tails was also taken in by Mrs Brisby too, which his knowledge of tech allowed him to make a good home for the family.

Amy is a Gypsy hedgehog that was taken in by the Mousekewitz family when she was a child, soon having to join them to flee to United Federation for a better life, which she's a great older sister to Fievel.

Knuckles lives among his people and is considered their hero and champion to protect Echidnaopolis from the Dingos and the Dark Legion. (Sort of their He-Man or Lion O, but without the sword)

Rouge isn't too different from her prime counterpart in looks, though with her jumpsuit tweaked to fit the style of the time and having longer hair, still a G.U.N agent going undercover.

As for Shadow, nothing changes in his background other than he awakens a few decades early and he's had past relationship with the rodents from NIMH.

In true 80's style, Omega will keep his weapons and have a way to fly around or transform into a fast ground vehicle form. (Like Transformers)

Blaze is a princess and doesn't have Sol Emeralds in this universe, instead becoming a target of kidnapping due to her power over flames making her a possible power source for weapons or combine with Chaos energy to make deadly weapons.

Silver remains his time traveling and psychokinesis self, though he has a dynamic with a scientist called Doc Edward Edison (nicknamed Doc Eddie), both of whom are traveling through time to try to prevent the present from endangering their future. (Back to the Future reference)

Vector still solves cases with Charmy and Espio at his side, the croc wearing an outfit out of Magnum PI instead of his usual bling, while Espio rocks a TMNT style mask and fights any criminals that try to take the Chaotix down. (I figured Charmy's look was appropriate to stay in this)

Dr Robotnik is still his mad scientist self trying to take over the world with robots, though the plot of this AU's story has him trying to achieve 3 goals.

Goal 1) Capture the intelligent Mobians left that escaped NIMH (as well as their children) to use for his best robots

Goal 2) Capture Princess Blaze to use her mystical fire power in a super weapon

Goal 3) Get all of the Chaos Emerald so he can take over the world

Mephiles also exists in this world, trapped in a scepter waiting to be released onto the world to plunge it all in darkness...or to unite himself with an eternal flame so he can destroy everything as Solaris.

Are you up for this universe? Or do you prefer to avoid the retro and stay in the comfort of modernity?

———————————————————

Travel Scenario

There is a prophecy that is said to be a warning of the world reaching its midnight mark, of an end time that only two chosen ones can help this world avoid.

"When the sky opens up...the darkness will free itself from its shackles and consume all in its way.......only one of the wind and the one from beyond this realm can rise to oppose this darkness."

Little does you or anyone else know (yet), that you will become one of those two.

(Scenario starts with you arriving via portal)

—————————————————————

Home Scenarios

1) You're another one of Mrs Brisby's adopted children like Sonic and Tails are, living a good life with your caring mother and your many siblings.

But one day, Robotnik and his forces arrive and begin capturing animals in the valley. While your mom hides you and your siblings away, Sonic runs off to stop the mad doctor despite being told to stay, causing a horrified Mrs Brisby to chase after him in fear of him getting captured or hurt.

What will you do?

2) You were adopted by the Mousekewitz family like Amy was, all of you currently on your way to the United Federation ever since an attack on your home forced you and your family to flee there. A storm hits the seas as your boat struggles along the rough waves. Unfortunately, it seems the conflict has followed your boat here.

What happens next?

3) You live in Echidnaopolis as Knuckles protects it and the Master Emerald from evil forces. What will happen today?

4) Create your own background and scenario

————————————————————

Enjoy!