70's AU

Universe 0069

Like with the 50's AU, this is a universe that got stuck in its cultural time period for generations.

This time it's the disco-loving, funky and groovy times of the 70's (as well as late 60's).

It's a time where crime is on the rise and some parts of the world have rejected the norms of society for a more bright and open lifestyle.

While someone like Sonic is already used to this life of always going places and having a good time, he still has to deal his own Dr Robotnik in this world that goes out of his way to build his dark and polluted facilities that turn out horrible robots.

Tails is brought along as the only one capable of repairing their stuff and has been trying to work on nature friendly version of the Tornado.

Amy is obviously in the hippie lifestyle (minus the drugs parts) though tarot cards are still part of her character here.

Knuckles doesn't travel with them and chooses to keep watch over his version of the Master Emerald, though his echidna tribe is still around.

Rouge predominantly runs Club Rouge and is a third party agent that G.U.N hires for dangerous missions that they don't want traced back to them. (Though even this version of her can't help herself when a target individual has a priceless jewel in their villain hideout)

Shadow was released 10 years later from stasis instead of 50 years so they could deploy him in conflict across the world against Robotnik and other regimes the western nations want out of the way.

(You can bet Omega is kept off camera as much as possible to reduce bad press for armed forces everywhere)

Blaze is a princess of the Sol Empire, one of the few monarchies left on Mobius in this world, having to once and while request aid from the United Federation to fend off terrorists and insurgents that are funded by Robotnik or Soviet Holoska.

The Chaotix are still around in this reality, but they occasionally team up with Scruff McGruff to go after criminals like Clutch or the Hooligans, proving a croc can take a bigger "bite out of crime".

(Yes I know McGruff debuted in the 80's, but he was created in response to crime in the 70's, so this technically counts)

Another thing to know is that Sonic has an adopted mother in this universe who raised him into the cool and funky hero he is here.....

Melody Midnight!

(Her original design I created)

(An updated design TangerbreeSunrise made)

Melody is a female Mobian sheep who's gifted with the abilities of strength, agility, speed and the power to control light to form barriers, fire beams of energy and teleport. (Whether it's natural light from space or artificial light from electricity.)

The funky sheep found an orphaned Sonic in Green Hill and took him in, raising him to pursue justice and freedom, then later adopted Tails when Sonic found him.

With all these heroes, there's no way there's another decade-based universe that can top this one...........right?

————————————————————

Traveler Scenario

You arrive in Station Square, but it feels a little different than what you remember, less modern and more retro looking with cars, places and objects that look straight out of an old detective series or some comic book era long gone, bright lights and people having strange hairstyles.

Well it's best you start looking around to see if anyone can tell you what's up with this place.

Who will you run into first?

———————————————————

Home Scenarios

1) You're one of Sonic's friends hanging out with him one day, until another invasion attempt by Robotnik comes, forcing you to have to fight him and start heading for his new lab to try destroying it.

2) You've been assigned on a mission with Agent Rouge, Captain Shadow and Omega to infiltrate territory held by Robotnik-funded enemies to rescue someone from Princess Blaze's court in order for United Federation to secure an alliance with the Sol Empire and build a base near the kingdom to assure security of the area.

3) You're recruited by Detective Scruff McGruff to go with him on cases to find tons of suspects responsible for the crime in the city. (Hopefully the Chaotix won't cause you issues)

4) You were orphaned like Sonic and Tails were, but Melody Midnight finds you and decides to adopt you as her son/daughter

—————————————————————

Enjoy! Peace out!