chapter 10: Everyone's baby

Fourth was admitted again at the hospital under the care of Dr Thanawat and Professor Kanaphan. Pond had done the pre-admission before they arrived at the hospital.

Gemini felt terrible, he kept blaming himself for not taking proper care of Fourth. He shouldn't have allowed him to have that pizza and stuck to Phuwin's meal plan for Fourth.

"P'Pond I am so sorry." Gemini stated with his head bowed. He couldn't face Pond, he was on the brink of tears. How was he supposed to take care of their child if he couldn't even take care of his pregnant boyfriend.

"It's not your fault Gemini. Stop apologizing already." Pond said placing his hand on the boy's shoulder to comfort him.

"No if I hadn't deviated from hia Phuwin's meal plan for Fourth then maybe this wouldn't have happened." Gemini said apologetically.

"Dr Naravit is right nong'Gemini, the small deviation from the meal plan didn't cause this." First said as he entered the room along with his husband.

"Professor Kanaphan, what's wrong with my brother? What happened?" Pond inquired with a worried expression. Both Gemini and Phuwin also looked at First with the same worried faces.

"Well after several tests and an ultrasound we discovered something that would make this journey a bit tricky and perhaps riskier." Khaotung stated looking at the file in his hand.

"What is it Dr?" Gemini asked anxiously.

"Well first of all it seems that Fourth has developed gestational hypertension, his HB is also low meaning he has anemia as well." Khaotung stated, both Pond and Gemini understood because the two were familiar with the medical jargon since Pond was a doctor and Gemini a medical student. Phuwin on the other hand was a bit confused and judging from the situation he wished they could speak in layman terms.

"Not only that but when we did an ultrasound we discovered two heartbeats." First stated.

"Two heartbeats?" Phuwin asked confused.

"Professor Kanaphan are you telling me that-"

"Yes Dr Naravit, your brother is expecting twins." First replied.

"How is that possible? Nothing showed up in the 3D ultrasound we did during his earlier pregnancy." Pond said.

"Well since they are monochorionic monoamniotic twins it is possible they might have been overlapping and the other twin was hiding." First explained.

"How sure are you about this?" Pond asked while Gemini tried to process everything, Phuwin on the other hand wanted to understand what was happening, all this medical jargon was giving him a headache. Biology was never his thing, he majored in software engineering after all.

"Not only that though, because of stress that Fourth's body endured his blood pressure has been elevated and he is now at a risk for pre-eclampsia." First said.

"Also according to the ultrasound it seems there's mild placental abruption." Khaotung added handing the file to Pond who looked through it anxiously.

"So that means nong'Fourth needs to be on complete bed rest." First stated.

Pond knew complete bedrest would be tricky with Fourth as the younger liked to be active, so they will probably need someone to be with him 24/7 to monitor him. With his job he knew he couldn't be there 24/7, even if he reduced his schedule there might be an emergency surgery he would have to attend.

Phuwin was busy now with the filming of his new series so sometimes he would work all day or even go out of town. Whereas Gemini was still a student and although he was a first year, he still a lot of work.