chapter 1 (the wedding day)

ELLIE's POV

"Let's welcome our newlywed, Mr. And Mrs. Ariston Del Fierro!" the Emcee

I have a big smile. I can't imagine our roller-coaster relationship now sealed in the Holy Sacrament of Matrimony...

"Thank You, everyone!" Aris is waving to all our cock-a-hoop guests. The moment is ecstatic, I am mesmerized, not even in my wild dream where Aris and I will be married, more to be this 
elegant wedding reception. Food and beverages are overflowing... Sweet music is now on the air. 

Everyone is in their finest outfits, all glamorous and elegant. Jewels and accessories are screaming wealth. My husband  Aris is so captivating in his cream Tuxedo. 

The emcee makes ways to give me time to change outfits. I changed my ballroom-style wedding gown into a draping one to be comfortable for the wedding activity that will be done.

I am in a rush to go back to the venue. And all of a sudden, a man grabbed and hugged me tightly so that I could not free myself. I was shocked to know the man - he was Harris, my long-time ex-boyfriend. I grapple for him to release me, but my strength is inferior to his, and instead of releasing me, he kisses me. 

"Harris, please release me... don't do this to me," I said begging, I held on to scream.

"Come with me ... I know you still love me,"

"No... I don't.." 

"I will take you back from your husband no matter what! I know you still love me," Harrold told me. I cannot get lost in his embrace. 

"Please... my husband will kill me when he knows this... why are you here?'

He kissed me hard... and the moment I raised my head I saw too glaring eyes... If stare could melt me, I'd been dripping water already.

"Aris, let me explain,"

ARIS's POV

I punched the man who I saw hugging and kissing my wife. I see all red, but I tried hard to compose myself. I don't want anything to be noticed. It will affect me with this scandal. It will tint my record now that my grandfather is building me to be the mayor of our town. What would people think and say when they know that my wife cheated on the day of our wedding?

"Aris, please listen to me. I will explain," Ellie said trembling and pale-faced.

"No need, I saw it right before my eyes. On this very day of our wedding, right here in my own house, you cheated on me. Why?"

"I don't, please, listen to me,"

"Let's go back to the venue and make good of your appearance. Do not let anyone take notice that something is happening. You smile!"