chapter 13 (weeps)

ELLIE's POV

I sneak out of Arra's room when  I am sure they are in deep sleep... I rush to the guest room. I will pack up our things... before Ivan could return, we should have left already.

I feel sorry for Arra, surely Ella will miss her... But this place is not for us... We must leave soonest.

At least now, I am settled with Ella's request to look for his father, she wanted to meet him or even just see his grave. And there, she saw it.  I am fortunate she is still a kid, I can easily make her believe.

I am busy packing our things when I feel someone barge in... As I turn back my head---  it's Aris... I was stunned by his appearance. He is just wearing his boxer shorts and a white tee. He is as physically fit as 6 years ago.

"What's with that? Packing?" Aris asked

"Yeah, I have no reason to stay here," I replied

All of a sudden, Aris attacked me... he pushed me to the bed... I wrestled with him... but he was strong enough.

"Why? you don't like it? We did it a few days ago..."

"Forget it!" 

"Hahaha... that's how easy for you? You do the thing then you will just forget?"

"Release me!"

"NO! If you can do it with three men, why not with me? I am your husband, right?"

"Husband? When did you treat me as your wife?"

"I treat you... I mal treated you as my wife because of what you have done to me...you cheated on me,"

"Dr. del Fierro, one day, only if you know the truth, you will regret your whole life...don't look for me begging for an apology..."

He didn't listen to me... he attacked me like a wild boar, I feel violated...

"Why? A filthy woman is choosy now... Isn't it you allow anyone to f*ck you? You let me, and then those three men, you allow them... Then why not with me again??? why?"

I feel molested...

"I want to ravish that filthy body of yours!"

I kicked him so hard that he fell from the bed...I was able to get hold of my phone... I was able to dial Ivan

"Ivan, help me please, your trusted friend wanted to rape me...He is so strong for me to topple him,"

ARIS's POV

When Ellie resists what I want from her, I feel enraged. I forced her until she was able to kick me which made me fall from the bed.

"Ivan, help me please, your trusted friend wanted to rape me. He is so strong for me to topple him,"

When I hear to whom she is calling... my sanity gets back... I feel great regret, I feel guilty for my friend Dr. Stallin... I ran out of the room.

I didn't go back home the whole night. I stayed at my resthouse in Ned, Lake Sebu. There I contemplate... and Ellie's words ringing in my ears.

"Only if you know the greatest lie, the greatest secret you might be killing yourself in regrets. You will choose to kill yourself in shame. Remember my words Ariston. Time will come, your ego will pull you to the ground. I am afraid of the day that the high and mighty Governor, Dr. Ariston del Fierro will kneel on the grounds weeping," 

"Hmmmm... Nothing will change the fact that on our wedding day, you cheated on me,"

"Why not try to be inquisitive or shall I say sensitive? Why not try to ask and listen? Hear others before you judge...With this, you might see light from the cumulonimbus clouds that steal your fair judgment for  years," Ellie

"Why late?" I asked

"I went to a friend," Ellie replied

"Friend? or your paramour?"

"I am telling the truth, but I cannot force you to believe me," Ellie

" Between the two of us, it's you who do what you are accusing to me... It's you who have a paramour. Right in my eyes I saw you two banging each other, you heard me complain? Only if you listen to me, then your clouded thoughts be cleared. But let's say, were kissing that time, almost two years of shaming me, isn't enough? You physically and emotionally hurt, and you succeed, I am hurt. Congratulations!"

I think deeply about Ellie's words...  Even under the influence of alcohol, I can't sleep... her words keep on rewinding.

What if she is telling the truth? How can I face her? I made her suffer under my hands for 2 years. She was miserable, I treated her inhumanely. I let her sleep on the cold floor while I am in the comfort of a soft king-size bed.

I remember one morning when she kneeled in front of my mother asking to tell me to let her go...

"Madam del Fierro, excuse me. You have to say that to your son, the one and mighty ever faithful husband Ariston Del Fierro to throw me away, I will rejoice if you say and he will throw me. I am tired of my life here... I am living in a mansion of hell... Please let me go..."

----------------

"How many times I tell you, I never had any man in my life, only you? Only if you retain even a small spot in your heart for me, you will ever do this to me. You degrade me. You rip from me my dignity as a woman. I am more than a rape victim in the hands of my husband,"

-------------

The thought what if Ellie
is telling the truth??? It made me tremble in fear...

Around 4 a.m., I drove off back home. I never mind the bumpy road, the high cliffs, and the darkness. The road is covered with fog..... I want to reach home as soon as possible.

As I reached home, around 7 am... I disembarked and ran towards the guest room one is there... I hoped they were in Arra's room... but what I saw was a crying Arra sitting on the floor...

"They leave... I thought it would be on the weekend... but why now? Why did they leave earlier than agreed? What wrong have I done?" Arra

"I miss Ella... I miss  MyMy... they leave me,"

I tried to cheer up Arra, but she wouldn't stop... she sobbed and sobbed. I don't know what to do with Arra.

Her weeps are killing me.

*******************************************************************************************

07052023Wednesday636eve