chapter 45 ( the wounds are fresh)

ARIS's POV

As I disembarked, I went straight to our room. I saw Ellie having her nap.

Though I feel guilty, I kiss her.

"I am home sweetheart... Hello babies? Daddy is here,"

"Ohhh... I thought you'd be back tomorrow?"

"I go home ahead of them... no more important thing to attend to there,"

"Did you take your lunch?"

"Yeah,"

Ellie didn't complain about why I was not able to message and call her.

"Then, you fresh up and change your clothes,"

"Okay,"

"Come here, let me help you remove your shirt,"

"Okay, thanks,"

"Ohhhhhhhh...." Ellie said with her eyes bulging

"Why sweetheart?"

"I forgot to turn off the oven," she answered and she got out rushing to the kitchen.

"Careful, you might slip down the stairs,"

I went to the bathroom and took my bath.

ELLIE's POV

"Hickeys? Kiss marks... Why there's a lot of it at Aris's back???" I asked myself like a fool

I cannot contain my tears. I walk fast out of our gate and ride in a tricycle... I don't want to break down.

"To the Cathedral, please,"

I went straight to the first row of the church bench...

I texted Aris...

: I suddenly got a craving to eat halo-halo...I go to buy it.

After I sent the message, I started sobbing... later it turned to weeps.

"Give me strength Father... I don't know how to fight... Am losing the battle this time? I am not blind, and I am not ignorant... I know those are kiss marks... and I know how to have those," I murmur.

I feel my tummy cramps...

"Baby Dex, Baby Rex... help Mommy, please,"