chapter 7 (stowaway)

ELLIE's POV

I hide my bruises and hematoma in my arms and my face... I cover it with my concealer makeup...

As I was going downstairs, I saw Crystal sitting on the sofa... Aris is standing in her front.

"I am pregnant Aris, you have to take care of me and your child!" Crystal speaks louder when she sees me going down the stairs.

I heard her statement, but I ignored them...I just passed by as if I saw no one and heard nothing.

I walk fast to the gate, my whole body numb.

This is it... I have no reason to stay at Aris's house... Three is a crowd.

I finished my duty of 16 hours... And then I punched out.

ARIS's POV

After the day Crystal went to my house to inform me of her situation...I had been busy... I went home at 8 am due to successive surgeries, and I never saw Ellie, Maybe she's having her overtime as always...maybe she needs money, I am not giving her any, aside from free accommodation and meals, nothing she gets from me.

Three days had passed, and I never saw Ellie at home... I never happened to see her at the nurse station... Where is Ellie? Did she elope with her paramour?

Puzzled, I asked our butler when I came home...

"What time does Ellie arrive home and leave?"

"Sir, after that day when Ma'am Crystal went here, Maam Ellie never went home again,"

"What?"

"For three days now?"

I was alarmed... I was so sleepy, but it all vanished with what I heard.

I rushed to the Human Resource Management Office in the hospital.

"Get the Bundy Clock Card of Ms. Aturdido,"

"Sir for three days now, Miss Aturdido is not having her card anymore?"

"What?"

"She resigned three days ago...here is her resignation letter addressed to the President course through the Human Resource Head,"

I feel my head like it will burst when I confirm that Ellie has already resigned.

After a month Ellie never returned. It turned into a year... another year... until it's three years now.

Yes, it's been three years now, and I never hear anything from Ellie...No news about her...

In those three years, I realized I still love Ellie, only my ego held me from searching for her. On second thought, it might be true that she stowed away with her paramour.

During the three years, my life became worse than it was before with Ellie. Crystal, though I don't love her, I supported her when I became sure that the baby, who is now 2 years old is my blood and flesh.

Crystal, a known happy-go-lucky, adventurous, and fun-seeker wasn't contented to take care of our daughter, Arra. Crystal and I haven't lived together as husband and wife ever since our daughter is in my custody. I have full custody of Arra, after our agreement that she will be given 2 million for her to start a new life away from me. She left Arra in my care, an advantage for me, I have someone to take care of and divert my attention. I hired a Nanny for her.